Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, how would you go about getting dents out of an air cleaner canister on a 420? thanks

·
Registered
365 Posts
E.J.H , if you are able to post a few photos of the cannister, maybe some of our members can help you. I don't know what the 420 air filtration system looks like, but can imagine the limited possibilities of working the metal back into shape. My skills on that are just a little above zero. lol
You might consider a used replacement as a better alternative if the dents are severe and unreachable.

tommyhawk

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Sorry about the slow picture< here is what i am dealing with. :knownothing:

0115181149.jpg

We are doing a full restoration on the 420u and want it to look good.

·
Registered
113 Posts
This may be a silly thing to ask, but if you undo the bolt holding the clamp on the left side, does that whole end pop off? I assume there may be a filter in there, which may or may not have some type of baffling in it. If it does not, perhaps you can get some small spoons or hammers in there to straighten it out?

Guess you could always try a trick we used to use on motorcycle gas tanks that had dents in them. Take it off, securely plug on hole, fill it with water, and tightly cap the remaining opening. Place in freezer for a while to let ice freeze and push dent out.

That worked every once in a while for me on mentioned tanks.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The clamp is to hold a oil bath bowl on to the air cleaner. It looks like it is not to be taken apart:hide: I tried taking a flat blade srew driver to it but did not want to wreck it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts