Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
jd 2025r tlb 60d mmm
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what new model replaced or is equal to the 4200, just trying to compare 2021 model to it. one for sale in the neighborhood for 10800$, fel,box blade,60in com mmm, 950hr. tractor looks good. fel hydro cylinders need resealed, needs front tires. any thoughts?

·
Registered
252 Posts
From the info on tractor data it looks like its very similar to a 2032r on engine and pto stats and size.

Cub Cadet Pro Z S148
Zforce SX 48
John Deere 2038r FEL
(2) 80 carts
15 cart
Frontier ss1023b
Frontier af10f
Frontier RT3049 Tiller
Land Pride QH05 quick hitch
Victory EF 155 flail mower
48” sand filled lawn roller

·
Registered
16 Posts
The 2032r and 4200 both weigh in around 2400lbs. The 2032 has a little more horsepower at 31 compared to the 4200 at 26. It also sounds like a pretty good deal on the machine you mentioned.

·
Registered
523 Posts
what new model replaced or is equal to the 4200, just trying to compare 2021 model to it. one for sale in the neighborhood for 10800$, fel,box blade,60in com mmm, 950hr. tractor looks good. fel hydro cylinders need resealed, needs front tires. any thoughts?
I have a 4200. Bought it new and have been pleased with it overall. Occasionally I wish it was a bit bigger but I do trailer it and and can also get her into some pretty small yards so that's a plus too. I have a 420 loader, a 47 backhoe, and a bunch of attachments. Don't plan on adding a backhoe to yours unless you get real lucky. I mainly move firewood, brush, maintain driveways, ditches, water lines, plowed snow for years but now have two trucks with plows. I have loaded R4s and have never had traction issues. I always have something heavy hanging off the back though. My ballast box serves as a shovel and rake rack in the shop. That price sounds reasonable.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I would say a 3033 would be a close comparison. Reason being is the 4200 should have a 3 range transmission instead of the two range. I have a 4400 hydro and 4310 power-reverser and I actually prefer the xx00 series over the xx10 series. Reason being it is pretty much one of the last series of tractors that had mostly mechanical linkage instead of relays/solenoids for everything. It's just a much simpler tractor. I have a tech manual for both and the electrical section for the 10 series is 4x as thick due to transitioning to electronics.

It's definitely a reasonable price. My 4400 has 4k hours on it and runs like a top. If it hasn't been abused they are very good and dependable tractors.

You know if this is a gear or a hydro by chance??

1 - 5 of 5 Posts