Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi,, new to the site--- my 4210 4wd with hydro trans is acting up with 450 hrs.. after settng the ground speed and throttle, then activating the "cruise" switch, the tractor will either speed up, or slow down, ( ground speed)..i changed the fluid, suction side filter, and trans filter, and cleaned the suction screen.. nothing helped.. also the service light blinks... any ideas as to what is causing the speed problems??
thanks in advance
Mike

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
That blinking light is flashing a code. Check the code against the chart in the op manual. It will point you in the right direction.

sent from my cell via tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
4210 cruise control

:thumbup1gif:
thanks Kevin,,, I did notice that it blinks--it shows one longer blink, and then 3 short blinks.. I will check for that code tomorrow in the manual...
Even a blind hog will find an acorn every once in a while haha... thanks again.
Mike

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
4210 e hydro

Is the 4210 e-hydro?
HI,, yes it is.. after setting the throttle and wheel speed, and i push the cruise control, the tractor will illuminate the green dash icon and work for a short while.. then it will slow down and stop, and then the green icon will turn off... today, it will not engage at all..
the service light gives 2 codes : dah dit dah dit and dit dah dah dit
My operator manual does not give me the codes.. I have a call in to the local dealer at this time.
thanks

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
4210 e hydro

That blinking light is flashing a code. Check the code against the chart in the op manual. It will point you in the right direction.

it is giving a dah dit dah dit and a dit dah dah dit code.. today the green dash icon wont illuminate and the cruise wont activate at all..
I have a call in to the local dealer at this time.. My manual does not give me the codes--rats..
thanks, Mike

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
Can you post a 30 second video of the flashing codes? I think we could go from there.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
4210 cruise control

Can you post a 30 second video of the flashing codes? I think we could go from there.

I just took video ,, its 27MB I will try to upload and send..it does show a "long-short-long-short" & a short-long-short-long ==In Morse code that stands for the letters CP.
Just got update, the video is too large.
thanks again

·
Premium Member
9,065 Posts
When will manufacturers stop this nonsense with the blinking light/beeping error codes? If they can program the chip to blink/beep in certain sequences, they sure as heck can send an alphanumeric code to an appropriate display to insure the mechanic/technician is perfectly clear as to what is ailing the system.

The last time I had to deal with the blinking light nonsense was on our Carrier furnace. The ~1" diameter viewport is about 12" off the floor, which means getting on hands and knees and contorting one's head to see the sequence. The problem turned out to be a blown fuse.

With the quantity discounts the manufacturers would get on an small alphanumeric LED/LCD display, it wouldn't add that much in cost to the product in question.

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
That code indicates an issue with the MFWD sensor. The system is not seeing a signal from the sensor. Check your wiring and connections. It is item U in the image.

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
4210 cruise control

That code indicates an issue with the MFWD sensor. The system is not seeing a signal from the sensor. Check your wiring and connections. It is item U in the image.
tnx Kevin,,, I will do that.. it looks like it is on trans on the left side.
Mike

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
Mike, How did this turn out?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
4210 cruise control

hi Kevin, and tnx again... the item "U" seemed to be a temp probe in the hyd. oil.--I pulled it out to check it, seemed OK, cleaned the connector.. I will go back out and check the switch with a multi-meter to see if it makes and breaks contact..
also, do u think it could be a problem with the rotary switch on the direction pedals? and there is a small hyd. cylinder on the left side near the sump screen, it is not on the parts diagram.. what is this cylinder for? it activates when i start the engine, and extends about an inch, then retracts when i shut engine off.
Will let u know after i check the temp probe, i guess i will have to warm up the machine to see if it does anything.
Mike:fed:

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
Hey, Mike. The mfwd speed sensor looks like this. The new part # is LVA17409. It lists for $61.00 These sensors have an internal reed switch and a bad switch cannot be identified visually. The only temp sensor on the tractor is the engine coolant temp. The cylinder in question is likely the mfwd actuator. The E-hydro controller is pretty sophisticated for a small tractor. If there were an issue with any of the pedal potentiometers, it would be reflected in the flashing codes. You should get battery voltage on the orange wire. Black will be your chassis ground and red is your signal wire. If you get good voltage and good ground, I would replace the sensor.

Attachments

Reactions: em14

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
you were correct!!

Kevin .
I checked the temp probe again, if thats what item "U" is... and this time I found 2 bare wires of the 3 on the plug connector.. I isolated the wires and taped them up, then ran the machine for an hour, using the cruise control some of the time.. It works every time now, flawlessly... So... you were on the right track, I missed the bare wires the first time.. they were twisted behind that little hydraulic cylinder (whatever it is) and tied to the wire loom.
I will check it again tomorrow, just to make sure, but i feel like it is going to work OK now.
thanks,
Mike

1 - 20 of 23 Posts