Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The indicator light on the right hand control panel is blinking. I only blinks after depressing one of the foot pedals. It blinks 2 short, 1 long, then 1 short. Any help as to what this means will be appreciated.

·
Administrator
21,217 Posts
Welcome to DT

The most common problems are:
-The pedals are out of calibration
-The wiring to the pedals is loose
-The MFWD sensor is bad

Do you have the FSM (factory service manual)?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The most common problems are:
-The pedals are out of calibration
-The wiring to the pedals is loose
-The MFWD sensor is bad

Do you have the FSM (factory service manual)?
I will check the things you suggested. Also, an FSM is on the way. I am new to GreenTractorTalk (just found it yesterday) and have already found it to be a very helpful and interesting website, lots of great stuff!
Thanks for the post.

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
This code indicates an issue with the flywheel speed sensor. This is the text from the manual: "Output current exceeds a certain value without detecting an engine speed. MFWD speed must also be available at same time". A problem in the MFWD sensor or circuit would be a short, long, long, short. Check out your sensor and wiring.
Auto part Line art Technical drawing Diagram Parallel

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Kevin, thanks for the technical information. I will check the flywheel speed sensor and related wiring when I get home this evening. When I get the FSM, I assume it will contain electrical schematics and info on how to interpret the codes? Are there aftermarket scan tools available to view data from the machine?

Thanks,
JChadwi

·
Administrator
21,217 Posts
Are there aftermarket scan tools available to view data from the machine?

Thanks,
JChadwi

Short answer is NO, it's not like OBD2 for cars-it's all proprietary.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I checked the flywheel speed sensor and wires. I have 5V ref, ground, and signal return voltage and the signal voltage varies with rpm. I also have 5V ref and ground at MFWD sensor but did not check signal voltage. Kinda stumpped until my FSM arrives. I will check signal voltage with machine in motion today.
Thanks for the help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.