Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 425 cuts pretty darn good and my ballpark stripes are the envy of the neighborhood. However, I feel like it could do even better. I adjusted the deck height the other day now that the days are starting to get warmer. In setting up the gauge wheels, I noticed that the front wheels are closer to the ground than the rear wheels when set at the same position. I'd say it's probably somewhere between 3/8" and 1/2" difference. I'm thinking that the deck is not level front to back when lowered. Anyone have a quick guide to leveling the deck? Those keyed systems they have on the newer mowers are pretty spiffy, but I'm guessing I need to crawl underneath and loosen and tighten bolts :(.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
As I understand it, you want the front slightly lower than the rear. Looking at the setup instructions for my 1026R 1026R 1025R 1023E 1 series mower setup and adjustment that is the normal procedure. It is a long read and doesn't fully apply to the 4x5 series, but I use some of it for my 445 setup.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As I understand it, you want the front slightly lower than the rear. Looking at the setup instructions for my 1026R 1026R 1025R 1023E 1 series mower setup and adjustment that is the normal procedure. It is a long read and doesn't fully apply to the 4x5 series, but I use some of it for my 445 setup.
Interesting, I would have thought having the blades pass over at the same level would provide a better cut.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.