Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Free for pickup in western, NY. Does not include hydraulics.
More pics available upon request.
One of the mounts for the angle cylinder is broken, looks like someone previously welded it.

·
Registered
13,540 Posts
would that fit my x475 by chance?

Reactions: Herminator

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
5,033 Posts
@BigJim55 yes, it should fit the X475. The 425 hitches fit the early gen X4xx and X5xx. Once they did the renumer to the X7xx they will fit those but don't fit what the current X5xx machines are today. The X hitches do not fit the 425 though.

There are pros and cons with this hitch. Like most things in life. The good is the bar that it uses to hook on the frame is at the bottom. So when you go to hook it up you don't have to lift the hitch as high to hook it on the frame. Then then pivot up to connect the pins. The X series you have to pick up the entire thing and hook on the top. I often leave my quick hitch on the blade and that is kind of heavy.

The bad is that you can't have the quick hitch on at the same time as the mower deck like you can with the X Series QH. However not many people plow snow with the mower deck on but maybe you want to push a bit of dirt really quick. Where it is possibly the bigger deal is if you wanted to get that adapter to convert a dethatcher to one that connects to the QH and run say a collection system while you are dethaching. You would have to have the X Series QH to do this combo.

Here is a good video explaining most of this.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just a note @BigJim55 , I don’t have any mounting hardware. Just the hitch. That said, it’s free :)
I got this because I wanted a 54” plow for my 1025r. I got it 2 years ago. This came with it and I have no use for the hitch other than as a garage ornament :)

·
Registered
13,355 Posts
BigJim,

It looks like you will need hose extensions for the lift cylinder, and depending what you want to use it for you can add an angle kit for about $200 or just pin it in the square setting.

Reactions: BigJim55

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This hitch is free without the lift cylinder.

Reactions: BigJim55

·
Registered
5,033 Posts
BigJim,

It looks like you will need hose extensions for the lift cylinder, and depending what you want to use it for you can add an angle kit for about $200 or just pin it in the square setting.
Yeah good point. The hoses would need to be extended if it came with hydraulics. More general info in the event he passes on this one and finds one with hydraulics.

Reactions: rydplrs

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Where are you at in WNY, my son is in Buffalo and will be coming home soon. Would be great for our 455.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
PM Sent

1 - 10 of 10 Posts