Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am restoring a 425 Garden Tractor and thought I would check the fuel pump and clean the fuel tank. This is what I found. There was about 2 gallons of water in the tank?? That is more than a little condensation. I have never seen a pump in this bad condition! Just for grins and giggles I am going to take it apart and see if the pump motor can be fixed. Plus I always like to take things apart to see how they work.

View attachment 9488

Good news is that I found one on $Bay for $40. The guy listed the tank and I noticed the fuel pump was still with it. I asked and he said it came with the fuel pump which by itself goes for over $100-150 used. The old tank was so bad that I did not even want to attempt to clean it. :thumbsdown: SO, I did good!

GotDeeres

·
Super Moderator
2,700 Posts
Sounds like you got a good deal. Keep us posted if that wasted fuel pump can live again.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
T-Mo,

I sprayed the fuel pump with carb cleaner and then let it rest for a couple days. Next, I hosed it down with PB Blaster and let it sit for Three days.
To my surprise, I connected battery and ground to the pump and it purred like a kitten.

Scroll down!

Baa-Zing-gah. I got you!!

That pump was packed with Krap tighter than a constipated billy goat. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I knew that it was shot, but went fishing for a sucker. I have seen on other forums where someone will ask "Can this POS be fixed" and people will say oh yeah, a little welding, some glue and magically it is fixed.

View attachment 9546

This is the 54" deck that came with the tractor. I really wanted a 54" deck but this thing was shot. I will part it out and have enough to buy a good deck.

GotDeeres

& GotYou

1 - 3 of 3 Posts