Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well sense my last post on here. I found a model 40 FEL that fits my 425. The guy was about 15 miles from me. The guy was a good ol boy and knew what he had. Picked it up last Friday and had it on the tractor Saturday. Used it a bit playing around. I need more weight. I am also needing info on how to turn up the hydraulic pressure so i can lift a bit more. It was struggling to lift a 1/2 bucket of dry dirt. Sunday I got LED's put on while listening to the ball game. I have see different post on different sites. I have read in the tech Manuel on how to due it. I just can't find part #'s for the shim kit and Or where to get one that would work. Also what gauge to use as I can't find one that they give as a part #. Thanks for all the help. I'm sure this has been gone over before on this page. Matt

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,684 Posts
Well sense my last post on here. I found a model 40 FEL that fits my 425. The guy was about 15 miles from me. The guy was a good ol boy and knew what he had. Picked it up last Friday and had it on the tractor Saturday. Used it a bit playing around. I need more weight. I am also needing info on how to turn up the hydraulic pressure so i can lift a bit more. It was struggling to lift a 1/2 bucket of dry dirt. Sunday I got LED's put on while listening to the ball game. I have see different post on different sites. I have read in the tech Manuel on how to due it. I just can't find part #'s for the shim kit and Or where to get one that would work. Also what gauge to use as I can't find one that they give as a part #. Thanks for all the help. I'm sure this has been gone over before on this page. Matt
Sent You a Message with some Help:thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Sent You a Message with some Help:thumbup1gif:
Welcome aboard Sergeant. Are you one Mytractorforum as well? I used to hang out over there and seem to remember someone from Kane County by your call sign. :greentractorride:

To the OP if you get a lot of ballast on the back you will feel a lot more improvement without shimming. If you do shim, just make sure you don't overload the front axle capacity when you pick up a load, probably hard to do with a bucket but you might if you get forks. Good luck with the 425, I had one and enjoyed it with the exception of the plastic hood. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
167 Posts
Not sure how much those wheel weights weigh but I have a pair of the 50# plastic wheel weights with your name on them if that helps, North of the River.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,684 Posts
Welcome aboard Sergeant. Are you one Mytractorforum as well? I used to hang out over there and seem to remember someone from Kane County by your call sign. :greentractorride:

To the OP if you get a lot of ballast on the back you will feel a lot more improvement without shimming. If you do shim, just make sure you don't overload the front axle capacity when you pick up a load, probably hard to do with a bucket but you might if you get forks. Good luck with the 425, I had one and enjoyed it with the exception of the plastic hood. :bigthumb:
Yes I am am from MTF actually Join Here in 2011 Never really posted Just Private Messages But since adding a 1025R to My inventory Thanks to watching Tim's Videos and saw How Capable they are. Decided I better start posting over Here More:bigthumb:

·
Registered
11,981 Posts
Yes I am am from MTF actually Join Here in 2011 Never really posted Just Private Messages But since adding a 1025R to My inventory Thanks to watching Tim's Videos and saw How Capable they are. Decided I better start posting over Here More:bigthumb:
that's good-u bought a 1 series because of tractor time with tims u-tube video's.:bigthumb: it is a good idea he came up with. very good! who doesn't have internet-now. i hadn't had it till just 5 yrs ago- for me.

·
Premium Member
1,684 Posts
that's good-u bought a 1 series because of tractor time with tims u-tube video's.:bigthumb: it is a good idea he came up with. very good! who doesn't have internet-now. i hadn't had it till just 5 yrs ago- for me.
Yeah I was thinking about a 2032R or a 2038R for My new Place which is about 1.6 acres smaller than My old Place which was 5.5acres and which I was always against the Use of a Sub Compact For that Place(rolling hills & Tight turning spots which the X485 Or X748 Handled with ease) The new Place is Flat as a Pancake and I wanted a Backhoe. Thanks to Tim & colony Park. They really made up my mind to go with a Sub Compact 1 series. But I am also keep the X748 with 45 loader as well:thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
8,946 Posts
The implement relief valve is the small one between the drive relief valves. Max pressure should not exceed 1250psi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts