Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I had to change my signature again since I bought another 455 GT. My bird dog JD buddy found a 455 with 1750 hours in Alabammie for me. Not that I need another one, but since it was only $800, I could sell the deck for that much. I bought it from a JD dealer who said it had a couple transmission leaks and they did not want to put any money in it. I am very familiar this hydro and was pretty sure it would not be much to fix.

I dropped the hydro today, installed a diff shaft seal. changed the two check valves and just for fun also changed the swash plate o-rings. Cost me $10 in parts and only took three hours to drop the hydro and reassemble. That included a couple barley pop breaks. :cheers:

Got (More) Deeres :lol:

·
Administrator
20,466 Posts
Cool! But we need some proof.:mocking: :ttiwwp:

I'm a sucker for a good barley pop!

·
Administrator
20,466 Posts
The 400 series was a great machine. Thanks for sharing your passion with the rest of us. :good2:

Sent using Tapatalk.

·
Super Moderator
2,700 Posts
George,
$800 for a 455!!!!!!! That's a great deal. I need to upgrade my 445 to a 455. Love the 4X5 series.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
T-Mo,

I love the 4X5 series garden tractors. The 455 is the best with the 22 hp Yanmar diesel. I have a 425 that I have rebuilt the engine because of the plastic cam gear. I bought it for $400 and it now runs like a sewing machine. You can find a 425 pretty cheap with a blown cam gear . I put $350 in the engine and fixed it up with some cosmetic items. Bottom line I have about $1500 in it and could sell it for around $3000. This is better than working for a living. I enjoy repairing tractors and get actually paid for my labor.:thumbup1gif:

GotDeeres :yahoo:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts