Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 425 ran fine finished mowing, started raining so I shut it off and I got in out off the rain , it sat out in the rain over night. Yesterday I went to move it back in , it starts and runs fine as long as the brake is depressed, when you release brake it dies out completely. The seat switch has been bypassed for years. Any ideas from fellow GTT members that may have had this issue and was able to resolve it. I have searched and found some saying they had to replace the dash cluster?? Hope it's some thing easy and not expensive

Thanks

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
My 425 ran fine finished mowing, started raining so I shut it off and I got in out off the rain , it sat out in the rain over night. Yesterday I went to move it back in , it starts and runs fine as long as the brake is depressed, when you release brake it dies out completely. The seat switch has been bypassed for years. Any ideas from fellow GTT members that may have had this issue and was able to resolve it. I have searched and found some saying they had to replace the dash cluster?? Hope it's some thing easy and not expensive

Thanks
The first thing id check is the pto switch. They are known failure points and will do what you are describing.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
He said it was bypassed

·
Registered
810 Posts
Waiting to see if OP tested PTO switch, or other connections on other switches or if a wire might be pinched (Seat, Brake, PTO switch) and check fuses these could be causing the issue also.

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Think it's just mad for being left out in the rain. lol

Seriously, I think water got into some place it shouldn't. Circuit boards and water are a bad combo.

·
Registered
342 Posts
My 425 would not start if the PTO switch was engaged; didn't matter whether brake was pressed or not. So, if yours is the same, I would suspect seat switch circuit somewhere because the PTO switch wouldn't let you start it at all.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I had the same issue today. I found it was just because I had the RPMs too low. If I bump them up, it's fine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts