Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My mower on my 425 kept disengaging on its own and I would have to push the PTO switch off and on to get it going again. It also started not disengaging when I went in reverse. Finally I stopped the tractor and once I did it didn't start again. It doesn't even turn over. The dash lights come on but nothing. I did hear it click at the starter once but that is all.

Any help would be appreciated! I just got it back after 3 weeks at the shop for a hydraulic problem. They can't get to this in less then a week and a half!!!!

·
Registered
50 Posts
425 mower problem

My mower on my 425 kept disengaging on its own and I would have to push the PTO switch off and on to get it going again. It also started not disengaging when I went in reverse. Finally I stopped the tractor and once I did it didn't start again. It doesn't even turn over. The dash lights come on but nothing. I did hear it click at the starter once but that is all.

Any help would be appreciated! I just got it back after 3 weeks at the shop for a hydraulic problem. They can't get to this in less then a week and a half!!!!
I had the same problem. I fixed the issue by replacing the ignition switch. There is a module connected to the ignition (key) switch. One of the relays on this circuit board was failing for me. Good luck, hope this helps.

Jd3x

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. I have replaced the PTO switch, disabled the RIO switch and still nothing. The small circuit board off the key ignition has a green light on but is buzzing. Could this be it? FYI - not sure if this means anytHing but I thought I would jump the starter solenoid just to see if that did anything. Nothing happened but that buzz stopped when jumping it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts