Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 4250 that seemed to be jumping out of gear when backing up hill. All of the 15 forward gears worked fine.
One mechanic suggested it might be a blown gasket in the control valve housing. I replaced all O rings and gaskets in that and modulating valve. It didn't change anything.
After this I was 'messing' around with it to try to get some rhyme or reason to when and why it was doing this, and I discovered that when it appeared to jump out of gear, all I had to do is step on the clutch for a little while and then let it out and it would go again.
Then it suddenly quit working entirely and now it won't move in forward or reverse.
I put in new oil filters, sump screen cleaned out.
175 psi at 2000 rpm at system test port
8 1/2 - 10 psi at 1000 rpm on the lube pressure test port on the return oil manifold when testing circuits.
Any help would be much appreciated!

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Welcome to GTT
I think 1st thing to do is take pressure reading on clutch control valve & if in spec then check pressures in all gears

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We finally found the problem after consulting many mechanics. It was the tow disconnect. We had to build a gallows to raise the cab, with the help of an engineering friend, and the actual repair didn't take long.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts