Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2004 4310 eHydro, forward motion stopped after 5 minutes of using Brush Mower. Bucket , 3 point hitch and pto still worked. The only movement of the tractor comes if after starting you press the reverse pedal first, it will still go in reverse after stopping once, but if you stop a second time the tractor will not move. You have to shut off the tractor and restart to move again in reverse, once you try the forward pedal there is no movement in forward or reverse. Fluid levels are good. 50 hours since hydro oil and filter changed. The indicator light code was dot, dash, dash, dash. Anybody with any ideas?
Tractor has 753 hours.

·
Premium Member
792 Posts
2004 4310 eHydro, forward motion stopped after 5 minutes of using Brush Mower. Bucket , 3 point hitch and pto still worked. The only movement of the tractor comes if after starting you press the reverse pedal first, it will still go in reverse after stopping once, but if you stop a second time the tractor will not move. You have to shut off the tractor and restart to move again in reverse, once you try the forward pedal there is no movement in forward or reverse. Fluid levels are good. 50 hours since hydro oil and filter changed. The indicator light code was dot, dash, dash, dash. Anybody with any ideas?
Tractor has 753 hours.
Do you have the manual? Should say what the error code means. USUALLY it is a switch for something like this, but with you being able to go in reverse then not be able to move is different. Maybe someone else can help you a little further who has the manual.

Reactions: RDB

·
Registered
482 Posts
Short, long, long, long

The Valve out put for forward or reverse coil is open or short. My guess is the wires going to the out put coils are getting a poor connection. Crawl under the tractor and look at the wires at the pedals and coils under the right foot board. Check to make sure all the wires are firmly seated into the connectors. I think you may have snagged some brush or grass and pulled the wires loose causing a poor connection.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Found the problem

I talked to a local John Deere mechanic who seemed to think it could be a loose electrical connection since I was mowing 3 ft mustard weed.
I crawled under the tractor and pulled the shield off the pedal potentiometers and blew all the dust and dirt off. Then followed all the wiring checking the connections, where the wires attached to the wiring harness they seemed a little loose. This harness connection was also hanging low. Took it apart cleaned and re-assembled. I also moved the harness connection up higher out of the way of brush. The tractor is working great now. I have used 3 hours with the brush hog with no problems.

·
Administrator
21,919 Posts
Awesome! Glad to head you got it fixed! :thumbup1gif: Thanks for the update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts