Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How can I test this module (LVA11884) to see if it is good?
A few years ago, when my tractor wouldn't start (or would start only sometimes), I checked several things on it and ended up changing this module. It then started and ran perfectly until a few days ago. It was running fine, I parked it, and when I tried to start it a few hours later, it wouldn't even crank. I waited a few hours more before trying again and it started right up. Parked it in the shed until yesterday when it again wouldn't crank. When I turn the key, I hear one click that I think is coming from the fuel shutoff solenoid. After turning the ignition switch a few times, the solenoid is warm to the touch. I checked all the fuses and relay switches and seat switch (all good). I think it might be either the module or the solenoid causing the problem. Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

·
Administrator
21,234 Posts
Being that it's potted, and a proprietary JD part no one but a JD engineer will really know how to test it for sure.

But, It "looks" like the standard pinout style/configuration of a "Bosch" or "ice cube" style 30 amp relay, they are available at any auto parts store.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
13,296 Posts
Did you check the battery cables, specifically the ground cable? If it won't crank over, I would start there. Also, heat builds when resistance is high.........

Many of the fuel solenoids are hooked into the linkage and you can manually move the lever to allow fuel flow, even if the solenoid won't "snap". It almost sounds like a voltage issue if the engine won't crank and the solenoid isn't activating.

·
Premium Member
13,296 Posts
Be sure to check the engine end of the ground cable also (in addition to the end at the battery). A bad ground causes lot's of problems......

Seems like something isn't working with the edit part of this site.......couldn't edit a prior comment

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I appreciate the suggestions.

I tried testing the module as with the other relays, but no result. I'm guessing that isn't how to do it. I bought another module ($48) but, no luck with it.

I did check the cables at the battery but not the other end. I will get a chance to work on it next week.

Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.