Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a used 4310 at Auction, it came with a snow / dozer blade but not mounted. I can't figure out if it is the right setup for this tractor, the mount pins on the fram are too far apart (front to back) Looks like it might be for a larger tractor and the seller might have just thrown it in or threw in the wrong one. Searching online I can't find anything that looks like this. The only numbers on the plow that I can find are WGABLAD01 and M00074X060055. Anyone have any idea what I have or what I am doing wrong ? Thanks

·
Administrator
22,385 Posts
Welcome to GTT,
Pic of what you have would sure help us help you...

The #380, #74, and #84 blades where made to fit the 4x00 and 4x10 series machines, here is what they looked like:

2010 JOHN DEERE 74 Stock: RA060110 | Martin Deerline

The loader mounts had to be removed and the blade mounts installed to use these blades, so perhaps that is what your missing.

Reactions: BigJim55 and Gizmo2

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Welcome to GTT,
Pic of what you have would sure help us help you...

The loader mounts had to be removed and the blade mounts installed to use these blades, so perhaps that is what your missing.
Thanks, that is starting to make sense. Mine looks like your picture. I also have a extra piece that doesn't look like it goes anyplace. (see in picture) If you think I might have "loader mounts" and have to take them off and buy new mounts. Would I be better off looking for a loader and get rid of plow, I would rather have a loader. Look at my pictures and see if you can tell what I have and what I need. Thanks

now I have to figure out how to add pictures

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, that is starting to make sense. Mine looks like your picture. I also have a extra piece that doesn't look like it goes anyplace. (see in picture) If you think I might have "loader mounts" and have to take them off and buy new mounts. Would I be better off looking for a loader and get rid of plow, I would rather have a loader. Look at my pictures and see if you can tell what I have and what I need. Thanks

Lets see if I can get these pictures now

Attachments

·
Registered
1,933 Posts

Lets see if I can get these pictures now
I don't see loader mounts on your tractor. The piece you mention not going anywhere, maybe it goes around the drawbar area? The warning label shows a symbol that I think indicates pto shaft warning or maybe any spinning shaft warning such as front driveshaft

Reactions: BigJim55

·
Administrator
22,385 Posts
It appears you have the #74 blade, and the correct mounts installed for it. I mistakenly "assumed" you had a FEL (front end loader) and has those mounts installed already.

It "looks" like you have everything and it "should" fit, how far off are the mounts (front-to-back)?

I do not know what that extra piece is for, it does not look familiar to me.

·
Administrator
22,385 Posts
FYI, from JDparts:

Auto part Automotive exterior Line art Automotive lighting Automotive window part

FRAME
CartkeyPART NO.PART NAMEQTYSERIAL NO.REMARKS
119M7489Cap Screw8M16 X 45
212H294Lock Washer85/8"
3M138956Bracket1OIL LINE
419M7867Screw1M8 X 25
5AM127795Hanger1REAR, LH
634H316Spring Pin41/4" X 1-1/2"
7AM127794Hanger1REAR, RH
834H312Spring Pin41/4" X 1"
9M92696Hook2RH (SHOWN)
M92697Hook2LH
10M92608Spring4
1134H386Spring Pin41/4" X 2"
12M92700Quick Lock Pin4
13AM127792Hanger1FRONT, RH (SHOWN)
AM127793Hanger1FRONT, LH
1419H2441Cap Screw61/2" X 1-3/4"
1512H301Lock Washer61/2"
1614H865Nut61/2"
1711M7038Cotter Pin26.300 X 40 mm
18PT5145Pin1
1911M7017Cotter Pin53.200 X 32 mm
20PT5141Pin3
21JD7799Lubrication Fitting1
22M77454Frame1FRONT
23M80162Pin Fastener2
24M77455Pin2
2511H218Cotter Pin43/16" X 1-1/2"
26M92708Frame1REAR
..24H1207Washer19/16" X 1-3/8" X 0.134" (SPACER F OR ORIGINAL OIL LINE BRACKET BOLT)

Reactions: Gizmo2 and johnH123

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
It appears you have the #74 blade, and the correct mounts installed for it. I mistakenly "assumed" you had a FEL (front end loader) and has those mounts installed already.

It "looks" like you have everything and it "should" fit, how far off are the mounts (front-to-back)?

it looks like it could be a mid to front pto support?

Reactions: BigJim55 and Kennyd

·
Administrator
22,385 Posts

·
Administrator
22,385 Posts
it looks like it could be a mid to front pto support?
Not for the blower-maybe for the broom since it looks like a angle cylinder can mount on it:

Technical drawing Line art Diagram Auto part Drawing

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Tractor mounts are about 24" front to back, blade mounts are about 32" the blade upright cylinder hits the tractor front frame before I get to the rear mount.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
OK That is exactly my problem. I have a front PTO, they must have had a Broom or Snow Blower on the front. That explains why it has a heated cab. Now what do I do, buy a snow blower and try to resell the whole works or take all the PTO stuff off and buy plow mounts or try to sell front PTO and try to find a loader. You guys know a lot more about what is available, whats in demand and what I can find used. I really wanted one with a mower and a loader, but found this one with a mower and a blade that won't work. Any thoughts appreciated. And thanks for all the previous help, I never would have figured it out.

·
Administrator
22,385 Posts
We can help get the blade to work, it has to be something simple. A few members here have them, I guess they just haven't checked in yet today.

Now for a loader, your looking at $4000 or more to buy a new one-and used ones are very rare. The blade has a value of about $800 if its in really good shape-but they are tough to sell.

The original loader made for that machine was the smaller 420 or larger 430, either fit.
The next series was the 300x and 300cx.
The current model I think would be the H165, but not sure if the mounts are available for your machine.

Then there are aftermarket choices like:
Quicke
Westendorf
Koyker
Allied/Farm King
Woods
Bushhog

·
Registered
301 Posts
I've had a 74 and now an 84, both of them I modified the brackets on, however I don't believe that the mounting brackets on the front are correct. They should look identical to the back in size and shape, the only thing that should differentiate the two would be the offset from the frame and whether they pitch to the front or the back. Take a look at the photo and again at the jdparts diagram that Kennyd posted. Could you take a couple more photos of your front brackets?

In this thread if you scroll down through my photos you will see the front and rear brackets for an 84 blade that was mounted on a 4600 originally. The front brackets are stock, however the rears are heavily modified so I could maintain my loader arm spacing and still have blade.

http://www.greentractortalk.com/forums/hydraulics/30626-4044r-bucket-side-selective-control-valve-3.html

As far as the a frame hitting the front of the tractor you should be able to drive over the blade to ge the hoses close enough to hook up to manipulate the cylinders to a aid in install. Actually that's how it's installed. I don't have to lift the blade by hand at all to install, all hydraulics.

They are great blades, don't give up, it will be worth it in the end if you plow snow or dirt

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
After looking at the jdparts diagram that Kennyd posted, and your pics, I see that my tractor has the front PTO mount that I would need to take off and then find a pair of front plow brackets. It looks like that would be a good handy plow, checking online prices quick, looks like mounts will be $5-$600. I would think it would be impossible to find a used set. If I could get one to copy or a template I think I could make a set, but free hand it might be a challenge. Anyone have a good source for used parts? I still thinking I might rather put money towards a loader unless I can get front mounts at a reasonable price. Thanks, you guys have been a great help

·
Administrator
22,385 Posts

·
Administrator
22,385 Posts
Do you know if mounts off a 3320 would fit the 4310 ?
According to JDP, yes they are the same surprisingly (this is for the 300x and 300cx).

Oh, and that CL ad was posted over 2 months ago, and updated 17 days ago.

Auto part Automotive exhaust Automotive fuel system Automotive exterior Diagram

Mounting Frames (3203, 3120, 3320, 3520, 3720, 4300, 4310, 4400, 4410 Tractors)

CartkeyPART NO.PART NAMEQTYSERIAL NO.300300X300CXREMARKS
1AW32451Frame1XXX
219M7793Screw8XXXM16 X 40
3AW32450Frame1XXX

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.