Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi folks!

I have a John Deere X320 with the 44" snow blower attachment that I've used flawlessly the past two seasons. However, today when I installed the blower, it hardly lifts off the ground with the mechanical lift...maybe 1.5-2" tops. Also, the lift pedal is MUCH farther forward than it was previously...which means there isn't enough travel for it to pick the blower up.

For the life of me I can't figure it out. Something obviously moved/shifted since it was taken off this past spring.

I would greatly appreciate some places to start looking.

Thanks in advance!

Eric

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
Just off the top of my head is the height adjustment on 0 or lowest position.Is the deck lock on when you put it on.You may have to remove the blower and make sure no linkage on the tractor is binding and try it again.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just off the top of my head is the height adjustment on 0 or lowest position.Is the deck lock on when you put it on.You may have to remove the blower and make sure no linkage on the tractor is binding and try it again.
Yeah, unfortunately I did have it in the lowest position and the deck lock was on.

The fact that the lift pedal isn't coming back far enough is obviously the culprit. I just need to find out what's causing that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts