Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 4066R with a 440R loader. The problem I have is with the loader. The hydraulic lines that come out of the tractor form an “S-shape” as they travel to the hydraulic connections on the loader. Half-way up that S-shaped line is a special hose clamp-type zip-tie that mounts on to a pin which is mounted to the loader. I think the purpose of this zip-tie is to prevent the hydraulic bundle from sagging and touching the right-front tire when you turn the wheel all the way to the right.

Here's the problem. Whenever I raise the loader to its highest position the pin rips out of this zip-tie, thus destroying it. I have gone through 2 zip-ties now and both have been destroyed.

So are my questions:
  1. Is that hose clamp-type zip-tie supposed to be tight on the hydraulic line bundle or loose (so that the bundle can slide up and down it as you raise and lower the loader)? If the zip-tie is supposed to be tight, I guess I haven't found the sweet spot on the bundle to mount it. Anyone have the same problem?
  1. When you remove the loader from the tractor, does the pin attached to the hose clamp-type zip-tie have to be disconnected from the loader so there is enough play in the hydraulic lines to allow for the tractor to move back a bit to free it from the loader before disconnecting the hydraulic lines? The Operator's manual doesn't mention this pin so maybe it doesn't.
Thanks for your help.

·
Premium Member
3,245 Posts
I’d like to help, but my loader has the one-point connector and it’s routed with plenty of room although it’s close when removing the loader. I did just add 2 additional hoses to operate a grapple with the 3rd function that connect to the plug in fittings at the mid plate and do not go through the one-point connector. I just ty-wrapped them to and followed the existing hose bundle. Mine is an OOS, but hose routing shouldn’t be any different for a cab if that’s what you have. It almost sounds that the loop at the top of the loader mast isn’t long enough on your loader.

·
Registered
6,043 Posts
You need to pull the hoses up higher off the tire before fastening the zip tie. That will give you the clearance you need when the loader is up high. I go through the zip ties about every year.

Dave

Reactions: PJR832

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dave:

Would lifting the loader to its maximum height first, then attaching the zip tie at that point do what you are recommending (i.e., pulling the hoses up higher)? This sure seems like a poor John Deere design to me. Right now I have attached a normal zip tie holding the hoses but have the correct one on-order.

Thanks.

·
Registered
6,043 Posts
Dave:

Would lifting the loader to its maximum height first, then attaching the zip tie at that point do what you are recommending (i.e., pulling the hoses up higher)? This sure seems like a poor John Deere design to me. Right now I have attached a normal zip tie holding the hoses but have the correct one on-order.

Thanks.
You can try that but I think it is easier with the loader down. You are wasting your money buying replacement parts. It won't last. Just use a good zip tie.

Dave

Sent from my Samsung Note using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Dave. That is what I have currently done, but I have left the zip tie loose so the lines can slide up and down through it when I raise and lower the loader. I guess if it starts sagging where the hoses go low enough to contact the right front tire, then I will secure it tightly.

·
Registered
6,043 Posts
Thanks Dave. That is what I have currently done, but I have left the zip tie loose so the lines can slide up and down through it when I raise and lower the loader. I guess if it starts sagging where the hoses go low enough to contact the right front tire, then I will secure it tightly.
Aaahhh, there is your problem. I pull mine up high enough, then make the zip tie as tight as I can get it. It will last maybe a year before the zip tie breaks or it slides down and I do it all over again. It does not need to slide up/down.

Dave

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The current zip tie is just temporary. Prior to using it, I had the JD hose clamp-type zip tie tied tight, but I put it in the same location where JD did originally. Maybe they didn't have the hoses high enough when THEY installed it. I am going to give it one more try with the JD zip tie as it is about $7. If it breaks again after a short period of time, I will start using my own zip ties.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.