Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
trying to diagnose hydraulic heating issue with tractor as per tech manual diagnostic procedures. says I have a high pressure leak to return and to fix steering . can a person remove hose from steering valve return and measure separate from hose that runs from metering pump return line to return circuit below cab. At present I am getting a quart a minute. Trying to prove steering valve verses metering pump fault.

·
Chief Stick-picker-upper
11,779 Posts
Any faulty high pressure component can cause a high pressure leak to return. How did the technical manual lead you to the steering?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The John deere technical manual has a step by step procedure to test parts of the system and depending upon test results it gives areas to look at and fix . It is correct as I have to much oil coming from the steering return line . But I wanted to know if someone knew how to fault either of the two components of the steering system, metering pump or steering valve.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Welcome to GTT
A laser thermometer is a good tool to utilize to find component contributing to an internal high pressure leak. I think hyd steering valve would be a more likely candidate for internal leak than metering pump.

·
Chief Stick-picker-upper
11,779 Posts
The John Deere technical manual has a step by step procedure to test parts of the system and depending upon test results it gives areas to look at and fix . It is correct as I have to much oil coming from the steering return line . But I wanted to know if someone knew how to fault either of the two components of the steering system, metering pump or steering valve.
So, your tractor must be S/N 027635 and above(steering metering pump with hydraulic steering valve).

I agree with TxJim.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts