Green Tractor Talk banner

4430 powershift park system

6K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  jwr_03 
#1 ·
My tractor started rolling when in park. I noticed under the cab the roll pin on the transmission lock was missing. I got that fixed then the shifter was stuck in park. If I loosen the clamp holding the cable (under the cab) it will shift out of park, but still rolls. I was told the cable could be stretched, so I was going to adjust it or replace it. Currently the linkage is at the top of the threads on the cable. I tried adjusting it down and it didn't seem to make a difference.

Someone else then told me the roller on the park pawl probably got loose when the roll pin fell out and I would need to go through the floor of the cab open the top of the transmission to get to it. I haven't tried that yet.
I don’t know why it gets stuck in park or rolls.

Can someone help me? I'm not much of a mechanic so step by step details and pictures would be great.

Thanks

#2 ·
Are you sure you installed the roll pin properly? I don't think it is possible to have it installed 180* out of time, but might be worth a try. With control lever on side of transmission rotated counter-clockwise, park should be engaged and clockwise should be disengaged.
Removing the top cover and floor plate will let you see the park pawl, but there is little that can be repaired from there. most internal park repairs requires rockshaft removal and/or splitting the tractor.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.