Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The three point hitch on our 4430 has never really worked right. I have replaced the load sensing shaft bushings and seal, the shaft appeared to be fine and that did not help. If the height adjustment is all the way down in the cab the hitch picks up fine but you pretty much have up and down in any position that lever is in. As in you can either pick something all the way up or set it all the way down with not much control on height between. Just the other nigh I hooked or angle blade and it would just barely pick the blade up off the ground with the height lever all the way up and the thee point lever all the way up plus the third link way screwed all the way in. I ended up tightened the turn buckle on the linkage shaft as far as I could and that helped but still doesn't seem to picking up as high as it should and still do not have any control on height between all the way or all the way down. any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Welcome to GTT
Sounds as if you need to follow the L/D mechanism adjustment steps outlined in a JD 4430 tech manual. There are several steps that need to be followed in order to get the internal mechanism set correctly.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to GTT
Sounds as if you need to follow the L/D mechanism adjustment steps outlined in a JD 4430 tech manual. There are several steps that need to be followed in order to get the internal mechanism set correctly.
Thanks for the suggestion I forgot that I bought the service manual and that there might be something in there to help with this issues. :oops:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts