Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
My 445 cut out and died on my while cutting. Essentially like someone turned the key off. I have power to basically everything but the ignition is seems. The safety switches work and have been tested, fuel pump etc all getting power. The green light is lit on the panel as well. All fuses are good and I swapped in new ones just to check

Last night I started tracing all the wires and also cleaned the battery terminals and chassis ground and still nothing. The battery is fully charged and tests out at correct voltage

I am leaning towards this being the pricey ignition module, but not sure how to check that. The one relay under the dash that seems to distribute power when the key is on also appears to function ok.

Any insight?

Registered
My 445 cut out and died on my while cutting. Essentially like someone turned the key off. I have power to basically everything but the ignition is seems. The safety switches work and have been tested, fuel pump etc all getting power. The green light is lit on the panel as well. All fuses are good and I swapped in new ones just to check

Last night I started tracing all the wires and also cleaned the battery terminals and chassis ground and still nothing. The battery is fully charged and tests out at correct voltage

I am leaning towards this being the pricey ignition module, but not sure how to check that. The one relay under the dash that seems to distribute power when the key is on also appears to function ok.

Any insight?
I had a similar problem with mine last year or the year before. I eliminated everything that I could, swallowed hard and wrote a check. The module fixed it.

Someone may have a way to check it with a multi-meter.

Registered
Since this is the 445 with EFI, all engine functions (sensors, injection, engine timing and spark control) are controlled by the Fuel Injection module. However the module is powered by a safety ignition relay which breaks the ground on the FI module for the spark plug coils.

Do you have the TM for that model tractor?

Registered

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Since this is the 445 with EFI, all engine functions (sensors, injection, engine timing and spark control) are controlled by the Fuel Injection module. However the module is powered by a safety ignition relay which breaks the ground on the FI module for the spark plug coils.

Do you have the TM for that model tractor?
Thanks for the help, let me dig through the manual to follow to test routes

Which relay would be the one that breaks the ground on the module?

Registered
It is labeled K4 on the schematic/diagram. Not sure, There are two relays mounted on the safety interlock circuit board and a couple that are mounted to pedestal side rail behind the board. So you will have to do some tracing via the diagram and those items (Fuel injection module, safety interlock board, separate mounted relays).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts