Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

I've been excited for a week in buying a 445 with a 54" mower and dual stage snowblower. I bought this from a really nice older gentlemen who fixes up these tractors. THe deck looked really new, and is the kind that you drive over for attachment.

The problem is that I can only get it to go up so far. I've follow instructions to a "T", and raised the mower hydraulically, and then adjusted the mower level to "high".

When I do this it's still only 2.5" off the flat concrete ground. I'm burning wherever I mow! (only mowed a small area).

THEN.....I looked at the mower deck model number. It's a 54HC. (made in 2013)

I compared the setup to my neighbor's 425 and even the front bracket attachment is different.

I have a couple of questions:

1) Should this mower even BE under this 445?

2) What's the correct model number for a 54" mower for the 445?

Thanks a lot! I did some searching this afternoon, and didn't really come up with any answers.

Attachments

·
Registered
825 Posts
Did you contact the seller on this issue yet? Also, it looks like the back tire is awfully close to the mower deck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,285 Posts
:munch:i think that deck belongs under a 7 series-i didn't know u could get a deck for the 400 series that u could drive over.:dunno:i thought u had to slide them out from underneath like my x475 does? someone who knows these tractors can better answer u. but if u know how to work the jd parts-u could look on there to see what kind of decks was made for ur tractor. it lists things like that--IMO. at least thats where i find my parts at, for my decks-is with the tractor.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hi,
I made some research on deere´s new parts catalog,
I found a partnumber for a mowerdeck that fits on the 445: ST561859
The link to the page:John Deere Parts Catalog

·
Premium Member
1,706 Posts
That is a drive over, auto connect deck. Drive over decks were not an option for the 445. It looks new, because it was repainted. The nuts & bolts are not painted from the factory.
I am guessing that the reason it does not raise very high, is because the 54" HC deck is much deeper than the 54" decks that were original to the 445. The deck you have is a much better deck that the original 54" decks that were available with the 445.

What size are the tires on your 445? The 445 was available with 2 different tire sizes. The early 445s came with 23x10.50-12 on the rear & 16x7.50-8 on the front.
Later 445s came with 26x12-12 on the rear & 18x8.50-8 on the front. The tractor will set lower with the smaller tires.

Are the stops on the front of the deck hitting the tractor frame when the deck is fully raised? The original decks for the 445 did not have the stops.

·
Registered
255 Posts
The HC deck and autoconnect never came on a 400 tractor, either your deck needs adjusted up or something is stopping the deck from going higher since it was not designed for your tractor frame. Does it sound like the hydraulics are trying to lift it higher after it stops?

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I'm surprised someone managed to get that hooked up. A few have tried but none to my knowledge has succeeded. If you have the aws, the deck didn't have a lot of travel height anyway but this deck needs to be replaced by the correct one, either 54 or 60 or have someone fab up the correct mounting arrangement which doesn't look doable to me based on the pics.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts