Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The harrow portion of the v.t. allows you to keep constant down pressure . (you can set the desired psi on the v.t.) What do i need to do with the hydraulics on my 4450 to maintain that constant oil flow when i raise and lower the unit.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Welcome to GTT
Granted I'm not familiar with a Kuhn Krause VT but I think if your tractors scv is holding pressure correctly then one should be able to pressurize the VT down pressure system then return tractors scv to neutral position.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to GTT
Granted I'm not familiar with a Kuhn Krause VT but I think if your tractors scv is holding pressure correctly then one should be able to pressurize the VT down pressure system then return tractors scv to neutral position.
Thanks. I agree this is how it should work. What happens when i get to the end of the field and pickup it loses pressure without touching that scv lever and i set back down everything is lost as far as that down pressure. I was told by deere that i should not have to have to re pressurize each time i pickup. I was looking for some input from others on this issue. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
I'll suggest to get a 5000 psi gauge then test each breakaway outlet to determine if scv is not holding pressure & leaking internally.

·
Registered
4 Posts
JD 4450 Lacks Power

Hello, I recently purchased a 4450 off an auction is lacking power when driving. It has a quad shift transmission and I have to push the engine revs very high for it to take off in A1. It won't even budge in C3 for example without a load.

The engine runs and sounds good. I suspected it was something to do with clutching. I changed the hydraulic fluid and filters at the hydraulic pump. The mechanic has measured oil pressure at all pressure points and he says it is all fine. May anyone help with ideas of what the challenge could possibly be?

Thank you all in advance.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Welcome to GTT
I think you will get more response to your question if you'd start your own thread. Did filters appear to be dirty? Did you check/clean hyd sump screen? Does engine pull down when traction clutch is engaged or engine rpm's remain constant but something appears to be slipping? If engine rpm's remain up have you tried getting tractor in motion with shift lever in "2" or "4" instead of "1"? If engine rpm's remain constant & traction clutch pressure is at 155-165 psi then I'll guess hyd hi-lo clutch pack is slipping.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Welcome to GTT
I think you will get more response to your question if you'd start your own thread. Did filters appear to be dirty? Did you check/clean hyd sump screen? Does engine pull down when traction clutch is engaged or engine rpm's remain constant but something appears to be slipping? If engine rpm's remain up have you tried getting tractor in motion with shift lever in "2" or "4" instead of "1"? If engine rpm's remain constant & traction clutch pressure is at 155-165 psi then I'll guess hyd hi-lo clutch pack is slipping.
Hi Tx Jim. Thanks a lot for your response. We eventually had to split the tractor up and found that 2 clutches were completely worn out on the perma-clutch pack. One clutch plate also had cracks on it. It's a 4 disk perma-clutch pack.

Thanks for advising me to create a new thread. I've just done so and hop to get help soon. We replaced clucthes and plate with brand new ones from the local dealership. Now the challenge is it is no longer clutching. I suspect that we may have made a mistake with the hubs when re-assembling the clutch pack. We got a mechanic from the dealer to come set the PTO and transmission clutches with a special tool to no avail. Could you happen to have an exploded diagram of the perma-clutch pack and step by step assembly instructions? Any actual pictures would also be of great help. Thanks once again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts