Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings
I just purchased a 2005 4520 open station and I am looking to put a backhoe on it. I have seen a few 48 for sale with mounts for a 4400 on it. Would this fit on my tractor? If not what parts do I need for 48 or 485 to mount

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
260 Posts
G'day @Kqkellett welcome to Green Tractor Talk
My install on a 4300 (smaller engine version of the 4400) is here: 485 backhoe install on 4300
So what you need to do on a 4400/4300/4200 backhoe is replace the backhoe mounts and source the tractor mounts, power beyond and probably a few other bits and bobs.
If you jump on to JD parts online you can search your model tractor and the 48, 448 or 485 backhoes to see what part numbers are required. The mounting parts are called weldments, and the tractor parts are Rock Shaft Assist assemblies.
You can also search this awesome site with a few different words, backhoe, 4520 etc, and you'll find a treasure trove of stories to learn what you need.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.