Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There's nothing better than a cab tractor for mowing in the summer. Cool, no worries about bees, life is good :thumbup1gif:.

But the condensate drains on the 4520 stops way up above the 3 PT hitch area. So after a grueling couple hours mowing the whole area has a mix of condensate and wet grass. So it was clear the condensate drains needed to be extended.

I was ordering some hose for my air compressor project, and ordered some 3/8" barbed brass splice fittings and 5 feet of 3/8 250 PSI general purpose hose. I went to see if the fitting was the right size and it was- and it was not coming off. So it was time to do this small modification. I got the bigger 250 PSI air hose so that I could tie wrap it to the tractor without worrying about collapsing it.

now I know that:
:ttiwwp:
So here they are.

You can see the top of the 3PT area. The condensate line is the one with the white nylon tie wrap on it at the lower left. You can see where it connects to the condensate drain at the upper middle. It used to liked to spill all over the QCs, the transmission, and the rear axle. The next show is the bottom side, and you can see where the new extended tube goes below everything.

I used a white tie wrap so you could clearly see it. Ok, that's a lie :nunu:. I didn't have any black tie wraps long enough, so the white nylon one is temporary. The white nylon tie wraps will degrade in sunlight/UV very fast, the black ones not so fast.

Well, that's the modification. Not much to it. You just need the 3/8 splicing coupling, some tube (thicker so the tie wraps don't colapse it) and some UV resistant black tie wraps.

Oh, and you need a cab tractor. If you don't have a cab, but want to do this mod, it's OK to use that as a reason to get a cabbed tractor. :mocking:

Pete

Attachments

Reactions: keane

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
Nice Pete, thanks for the tip. Stay cool!

·
Registered
382 Posts
Pete good one, I think it is a bit longer on mine already, but I will take a look and check.

·
Premium Member
971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Follow-up:

Did a little mowing today, and when it was time to blow off the 3PH area things went faster and cleaner since the grass was dry :yahoo:.

If you mow, extend those drain lines!

Pete

Reactions: keane

·
Registered
43 Posts
Nice simple mod eepete.. What hydro system do you have where your connectors are down on the side post like that?? I have one rear set but looking to attach two more, one for a bucket grapple and one more for a rear attachment that i have yet to buy :lol:

·
Premium Member
971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I got the 4520 without the FEL. Yeah, someday when the 4x20 series is being obsoleted I'll need to buy the FEL, but for now it spreads out the hit and I have a small FEL on my Kubota B21.

I wanted top and tilt on the 3PH. So when the tractor was at the dealer for some minor repairs, I had them move the FEL loader bracket from the front to the rear, and then run hoses to it from the joystick valves. So the joystick runs the TnT.

When the fateful day comes that I get the FEL, I'll also have to get the diverter and put that in. So I'm out about $500 for the hydraulics for the TnT now, and then in a few years (???) that's "Wasted" money as I'll have to get both the diverter and FEL.

If I had know how nice the TnT was, I would have ordered the 4520 with the diverter installed. Live and learn.

Pete

·
Registered
43 Posts
Thanks for the explination.. :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
382 Posts
Pete good one, I think it is a bit longer on mine already, but I will take a look and check.
Not as long as I thought. I will probably go for extension LOL!

·
Registered
591 Posts
Here is why it’s good to research GTT for old threads. Someone has probably been there and done that. My AC condensation makes a mess on the back so plumbing in condensate drain extensions will fix my problem. A 9-1/2 year old fix for my issue.

·
Administrator
21,033 Posts
I did this mod to my 3720 today, I've been wanting to do it for two years now and seeing this thread again made me get the stuff while at Lowes for other things. I used two 3/8" brass barbed unions and 3/8" clear vinyl tubing since thats what they had, seems to be perfect!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts