Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up an early model 4520 utility tractor, and it is doing the most bizarre thing. With the headlight switch in the off position and the right turn signal on, the headlights flash with the turn signal. The behavior does not occur with the left turn signal on, nor when the headlight switch commands the headlights to be on. Any ideas?

I'm guessing that the right turn signal wire runs with the headlight wire somewhere in the harness, and maybe something has rubbed through, but I haven't torn into it yet.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
I just picked up an early model 4520 utility tractor, and it is doing the most bizarre thing. With the headlight switch in the off position and the right turn signal on, the headlights flash with the turn signal. The behavior does not occur with the left turn signal on, nor when the headlight switch commands the headlights to be on. Any ideas?

I'm guessing that the right turn signal wire runs with the headlight wire somewhere in the harness, and maybe something has rubbed through, but I haven't torn into it yet.

Thanks in advance!
Grounding issues can cause these kind of problems.

Reactions: dixie460

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was also considering a ground issue, but I discovered the actual cause tonight. Someone had replaced the lower right light bulb (behind the red lens) with an 1156 bulb (single element), instead of the correct 1157 bulb. It didn’t even fit right, so who knows what they were thinking. Anyway, after putting the correct bulb in, everything works as expected.

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts