Green Tractor Talk banner

4520 rockshaft won't raise or respond

17K views 18 replies 8 participants last post by  jenkinsph 
Thought I would post and let you guys know what the problem was. The two bolts numbered 27 worked loose and fel out. One was laying where I could reach it and I suspect one is in the lower case. Will find my magnetic stick to locate it.

This was a fault of Deere assembly not being tight enough. If you look at the second drawing on page one the bolts numbered 27 are the loose culprits. Not a big deal but two hours work anyeay.

At any rate cheap to fix thank goodness.:thumbup1gif:
Did you have to pull off the housing to find that? I'm assuming so but thought I would ask.

Yes, that was the two hours for the most part. To put it back by myself I applied the gasket to the front half and slid the cover back in place on two pieces of cardboard and lined it up started two bolts at the front. Then raised up the rear, removed the cardboard and applied sealant the rest of the way around. Eased the cover back down and bolted everything in place. Changing out the fluid tomorrow and see how I did.
That was some really good thinking to do it that way. I will have to remember that if I ever have to do it. Thanks for the good tip.:thumbup1gif:

Let us know how it all goes. By the way did you find the other bolt?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.