Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a solution for me? Looking for a 2" receiver to tow around the splitter and other pull behinds. I would still like to retain my current pin hole on the 455 as well. Thanks

·
Registered
919 Posts
Not sure if this idea might help or not. Before we had our HeavyHitch (which can use a receiver), I used a 2" ball on our drawbar. By drilling through the shaft, I was able to secure it with a lynch pin. Makes for easy on and off. Certainly wouldn't use it on the highway but works well for pulling our trailers around our place.

photo (8).JPG photo (9).JPG

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I looked into the hitchin post on amazon and lowes but read some reviews that say it comes loose quickly. I eventually want a reugg 3 point and the heavy hitch looks slick for quickly adding weights and ball hitch. Anyone know what a 3pt + heavy hitch hits the wallet at haha?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Used 3pts for the 425,445, 455 series are a little hard to find, either after market or JD oem, cost used if available my guess $300.00 or more, new Up to a grand. I have one on my 425 yet, I was offered $500 and I kept it. Although I probably don't need it with my 1025r, but it wasn't worth the trouble to remove it.

·
Premium Member
10,064 Posts
You could always attach the ball to your current drawbar, with a piece of flat steel underneath it sticking out a few inches. Drill a hole in the end of the steel bar to use as a drawbar hole.

It's not a 2" receiver, but if your trailers use the same size ball it could work.

·
Registered
342 Posts
This is what I did: I got a short length of receiver bar from harbor freight. I match drilled holes in it to align with the holes in my standard JD tow plate on my tractor and attached with long bolts. Now you have a standard 2" receiver on your tractor! I put a ball on it, a sleeve hitch, and one of those cargo carriers, all attachable with a lynch pin. Works great. Sorry, don't have photos.

I can't remember and I'm not in the barn, but I think I used the 18" but there is also a twelve inch too: http://www.harborfreight.com/class-iii-18-in-x-2-in-standard-receiver-tube-69815.html

1 - 7 of 7 Posts