Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to site I have a john deere 455 never had the hard cab on if I put on can you still get hood open or do you have to lift cab up thanks

·
Premium Member
14,910 Posts
I am new to site I have a john deere 455 never had the hard cab on if I put on can you still get hood open or do you have to lift cab up thanks
Welcome from West Virginia

:wgtt:

Daughters FIL has a JD455 with hard cab, Yes you can open the hood. On his you]remove the wing nuts and front window swings out and up . To take side panels off have to remove the foot protect (not correct name) . Just takes removing a few screws and a few minutes.

I have soft cab and yes you can open the hood.

·
Premium Member
9,171 Posts
Which brand cab do you have? If possible, post pictures.

You can open the hood and add fuel with the vast majority of the hard cabs. Usually they have either an access door in the rear of the cab for reaching the fuel fill or the cab is made around the fuel fill so the entire fuel is done outside of the cab from the rear just as normal.

I have yet to see a cab on that series tractor where you couldn't get the hood open by either swinging out the windshield or tipping it up and open.

Welcome to the GTT forum. There are many 445 and 455 owners on here including me. We even have several guys who own several of the 445 and 455 themselves, so there is vast knowledge here on these tractors.:bigthumb:

Reactions: jeffsa22

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cab

Of course after posted this found book it is hard cab thanks for all replies will try to get pics up if I get to putting cab on tomorrow thanks for quick replies

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Loader bucket

Can you use the cab and switch the FEL off with cab on it is a oem john deere cab sorry no pics yet having issues with phone

1 - 6 of 6 Posts