Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey again, trying to find the best way to attach rear implements. It's currently a hastle to remove and re install my rear weight bracket. Is there a 3 ot hitch or something that will allow me to have a spreader, sprayer or something attached and easily remove and add my weights when I would like to? Thanks

·
Administrator
17,506 Posts
Here is one of the best 3PH's for your machine: Ruegg MFG LLC

A Google search of "Ruegg" will turn up more info.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Already plan to purchase that. Any chance it can stay mounted while other rear attachments are added? The removal and install I currently do is getting annoying

·
Administrator
17,506 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Once you have the 3PH you could get a Heavy Hitch to mount your weights to: https://heavyhitch.com/store/category-0-hitch/category-0-hitch-and-bracket-for-suitcase-weights/

I think Ruegg has on also: Ruegg MFG - Agricultural Hitch Kits for Various Tractors

Maybe I am not completely understanding your question though?

Currently I have a quick hitch I believe. It's 2 brackets with a spring loaded pin one on each side. That holds my bagger on. I don't care for the powerflo. But my weight bracket does not mount in this quick hitch setup. I would like a 3 pt that has a weight bracket built in and it would be great if I could mount a spreader/sprayer without have to remove the 3 pt . Basically I was wondering if a 3 pt existed that I could leave attached 24/7 and it not impede me from useing my rear attachments including a trailer

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
My Omni Transformer has a 2" receiver and I can use it to pull whatever I want with the right 2" hitch or ball. Mine also has the weight bracket so I can hang my 100# Full Sized JD weights on it. It's designed to carry 8 of the Lawn and Garden 42# weights. The Transformer also has lots of attachments available from Omni. The also support GTT! :greentractorride::usa

·
Registered
8,467 Posts
Options for the Hitch on 455

Currently I have a quick hitch I believe. It's 2 brackets with a spring loaded pin one on each side. That holds my bagger on. I don't care for the powerflo. But my weight bracket does not mount in this quick hitch setup. I would like a 3 pt that has a weight bracket built in and it would be great if I could mount a spreader/sprayer without have to remove the 3 pt . Basically I was wondering if a 3 pt existed that I could leave attached 24/7 and it not impede me from useing my rear attachments including a trailer
What you are describing is really two different things. The 2 brackets with the spring loaded pin on each side is the typical mount for the 455 for the MC519 cart, grass collector, etc. The 3 point hitch which was mentioned in one of the prior posts by Kenny D would work fine. Then the weight bracket could be used, also listed in another post in this section, with the 3 point hitch. The 3 point hitch is certainly a very easy to change attachment system.

Once you have the 3point hitch mounted, you would be able to attach any implement designed to be mounted to the 3 point hitch, including the spreader, sprayer, as long as they are designed for that purpose. When the 3point hitch is mounted, you can pull trailers and whatever you want with the hitch built in the bottom bracket on your tractor. You could also get a hitch setup which would be held by the 3 point hitch. The options are nearly limitless.

The spring loaded mounting you are describing with the two pins (which are actually bolts mounted on the inside edge of your rear hitch bracket on the 455) are designed only for the "cart" which is often the MC519 collector cart which your powerflow blows grass into. Many people also removed the upper cover part and use it simply as a frame mounted trailer and it works great for that because it follows the tractor and can never jack knife.

I have never seen any other implements which mount to these same bolts which hold the spring loaded brackets on your cart. I own one of these JD 455 tractors and use it all of the time, so I am very familiar with it.

I also have the weight bracket but I only mount it in the winter and remove it in the spring because I have no need for the suitcase weights on the tractor other than for plowing and blowing snow. Are you using the rear weight bar for some other reason in the summer season? Otherwise, I would wonder why it is being installed and removed enough to be a problem.

Hope this helps. :bye:

·
Premium Member
10,065 Posts
The Transformer also has lots of attachments available from Omni. The also support GTT! :greentractorride::usa

It's certainly welcome for folks to talk about and share products regardless of their source, but just to be clear Omni is not a GTT vendor at this time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts