Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
RIP
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have looked around on here but haven't seen this discussed that I could find. We have a 455 that is used mostly for cutting the lawn, a very hilly lawn. We have Carlisle turf tires on it and frequently they slip going up the hills resulting in burnouts and bald patches. The 26x12's are cracked and need to be replaced soon. What is a good lawn tire with more grip that won't wreck the lawn please. Personal experience is a plus. Thanks

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
I would go with the HDAP or Versa-Turf tires as provided on the X7xx series now days. Worked good on the X738 we had at work.

Reactions: rydplrs and jmb6420

·
Registered
215 Posts
I have the Galaxy radials on my 2025r (like the Versa-Turfs, different size, different tires) and they are GREAT! I have a 445 and 430 with a very hilly yard and had the same problem you have. These tires have great grip and have not damaged turf. My dealer (experienced and have been very helpful) told me I should be good with them for snow without chains. 445 and 430 are like pigs on ice without chains in the winter...great on turf, but chains required in winter...we will see.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.