Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
For those who have a 455, which brands do you guys prefer when it comes to transaxle fluid? I really don't feel like paying Deere's price for their transaxle fluid.

Registered
I use low-viscosity Hy-Gard in my 445 which I believe uses the same hydrostatic unit as the 455.

Registered
According to the manual online for a 455 your transmission takes about 7qts of low-vis Hygaurd. You should be able to get that fluid for about $20 per gallon.

Not sure how much you think going to an off brand oil is going to save on less than 2 gallons of fluid. Not to mention is the risk of damaging the transmission with the wrong fluid worth saving 10 bucks?

Premium Member
According to the manual online for a 455 your transmission takes about 7qts of low-vis Hygaurd. You should be able to get that fluid for about $20 per gallon.

Not sure how much you think going to an off brand oil is going to save on less than 2 gallons of fluid. Not to mention is the risk of damaging the transmission with the wrong fluid worth saving 10 bucks?
Dealer price here for 1-gal of Low-Vis Hy-Gard is $17.24 (TY22000). A quart container is $3.64 (TY22035).

Registered
Dealer price here for 1-gal of Low-Vis Hy-Gard is $17.24 (TY22000). A quart container is $3.64 (TY22035).
That's cheaper than here. I called my nearest JD dealer and they quoted me twenty something a gallon. I passed and mailed ordered.

Registered
It is unusual that four quarts containers is cheaper than one gallon container. Interesting.

Premium Member
It is unusual that four quarts containers is cheaper than one gallon container. Interesting.
I agree. I occasionally find the same situation with JD engine oil. I always check both prices.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts