Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have a 46 on my 2320. And we live in New England which is where rocks were invented and continue to flourish... The backhoe comes in handy when we dig shallow swales/trenches/small tree holes... remove small stumps (3"), brush removal (best use)... and the occasional stump over 3" and the occasional rock over say... 20".

I am glad I have it, but I don't think it is worth the upfront cost... it just isn't powerful enough. As a previous poster said... it's all about -- time. If you have tons of time, any stump or rock can be removed I suppose... but the tractor is too light and the digging power too weak to remove "normal sized" rocks and stumps.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Midmount mower... removal takes 10 minutes... which is in contrast with what you can find on Youtube... you have to do it carefully so as not to run over the wrong gizmos as you drive the tractor onto the deck, etc... is it hard? no, it is time consuming however...

Putting the backhoe on? Time: anywhere between 3 minutes and 30 minutes... depending if you are lucky or not... i.e. the unit relaxes after it was taken off the last time and it morphs into "the thing that won't go on"... my 13 year old learned how to swear from his father (me) during the infamous early backhoe wars... but like anything else, one gets the hang of it :banghead:

I will say this... the backhoe is VERY rugged and stable. It is not a toy... and it can flip you over if you aren't careful...

Reactions: Artillian
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.