Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hose rubbing on upper bucket cylinder fitting and now leaks...

BH Hose Leak (1).JPG _ BH Hose Leak (3).JPG

BH Hose Leak (2).JPG

Maybe others owning a #46 BH should give theirs a look see.
$100.00 plus for the hose.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How long is the hose? Is $100 the price from Deere?

A local shop should be able to make one for less. I think the last $100+ hose I bought was close to 30' long.
Probably what I'll do, I've always have.

The length indicates 125", 10 + feet.
I saw one price for $139.00
Green Parts indicates $109.00

#6...
0001944270____________A1.jpg
6LVA13598Hose2
3/8 NPTM X 3/8 NPTM X 125"; Bucket Cylinder

Reactions: 56FordGuy

·
Super Moderator
8,158 Posts
Keith,

I had to replace a dipper stick hose on my 485 due to hitting the fitting on a boulder in a deep hole. It's got to be 14' -16' long. The longest hose on the backhoe. ~$45.00 at the local hydraulic shop and it included new fittings on both ends.

Frank

Reactions: Gizmo2

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Keith,

I had to replace a dipper stick hose on my 485 due to hitting the fitting on a boulder in a deep hole. It's got to be 14' -16' long. The longest hose on the backhoe. ~$45.00 at the local hydraulic shop and it included new fittings on both ends.

Frank
If I go local I plan on taking this one off and taking it with me. Going to call the dealer in the morning to check on price, but I'm sure it will be big $$.
I need the hoe but don't want to take a chance of it blowing all together or someone getting hurt.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ordered the hose from JD and it will be here tomorrow. So I decided to remove the bad one today, piece of cake. The new one should walk right in, I hope.

BH Hose Leak (4).JPG _ BH Hose Leak (5).JPG
BH Hose Leak (6).JPG _ BH Hose Leak (7).JPG

·
Premium Member
9,186 Posts
My local Deere dealer actually makes the hoses right at the dealership parts counter in their shop. I had replaced the hoses on my quick attach for the 455 for angle and lift cylinders and the hoses through the Deere parts department (had I ordered them) were about 25% or 30% MORE than the price they charged to have custom made them right in front of me.

It certainly makes more sense to stock different hose diameter sizes in bulk and a variety of ends and couplings so they can build anything on the spot, verses having to inventory all of the possibly hose combinations on the wide variety of Deere equipment.

I used to custom make the braided stainless lines for my race cars with the AN fittings and the hydraulic lines are much the same process except how the high pressure ends are applied to the hose.

Ironically, the custom belt and hose place in our area is just 1.5 miles down the road from me. The Deere dealership is pricing their custom hoses based upon what this area competitor seems to charge, instead of what Deere would through the parts department.

Reactions: Gizmo2
1 - 7 of 7 Posts