Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, first off want to wish every one happy holidays. I have started tearing down the 47 in order to tackle some oil leaks, and upon fan shaft removal I spotted two pieces of what appear to be a snap ring laying under the governor housing. So I removed the governor and had a good look but I can't tell where this snap ring would have come from. The snap ring is still on the fan shaft, but I have never had a governor off let alone seen one up close and personal. I looked up the online john deere parts catalog but the pictures are somewhat vague. I am hoping some body can post good pics of a governor rebuild or point me in the right direction as to what I should be looking for. As I go back together over these winter months I will be playing with body repair tools for the dents and dings and hoping to paint this next spring or summer. Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I still have the snap ring on the end of the fan shaft in tact, I am wondering if maybe it cam off of the governor shaft and a gear moved slightly so that I can not see the groove it belongs in. Also my fly weights have some play in them so I plan on removing the governor shaft from the housing and getting a new set and what ever else I deem necessary from Steiner tractor. Hopefully I can figure out were that snap ring came from. If I can get out there this weekend I will try to get some pics posted.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts