Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok when I was doing my hydraulic
fluid change I found a nice puddle next to the left front tire. cleaned it up nothing leaking. 20 minutes later it let loose and anther puddle. It isn't a constant leak but it leaks. how hard to fix this top seal?
is it just the seal or am I looking at a possible bad bearing that caused the seal to go out? what do I need to do to fix this?

·
Registered
310 Posts
Before you dive into the repair. A hack/trick I did to both my 4310 and 4400 is to take a small drill bit and put a pin hole in the plastic dipstick. These axles aren't vented and sometimes these random leaks are caused by the axle relieving pressure.

I had seal leaks on both of my tractors. One stopped completely and the other is minimal enough that I don't loose enough fluid to justify digging into it.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Supper55, drilled the hole and it still will leak out. I was not sure I wanted to drill a hole as I do cross a river that would some times go over the top of the axle but the amount of water would be minimal at best.
all leaks are fixed besides this and it is nice to pull in and not have 15 leaks. Just have to pull up to my catch pan. I will look at fixing it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts