Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Winter is over so it's time to do the spring maintenance on the winter equipment.

Just got a new impeller from our friends up in Canada. I also got the parallel gear box to replace the drive chain.

Question is are there instructions on how to do the chain - gearbox change over or has anyone done it that can shed some light on it so as I don't have to work in the dark?

Thanks

Steve

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
There are a couple of threads going into a lot of details about the gear box.

The short of it is that it pretty much just drops right in.

Both chain sprockets go away and the support bearing in the housing behind the impeller goes away as well.

From there the drive shaft connects to the input shaft of the chain case, and the impeller shaft slides into the other side.

The chain case is held in place with 4 bolts that go into the adjustment slots for the old chain system. I believe the bolts for the chain case are M8x10 could be wrong on that.

You will need to add oil when all is said and done. It takes a few ounces of 80w-90 (or 75w-90 synthetic) GL-5 gear oil.

Reactions: Daveb

·
Registered
295 Posts
Just did mine a couple of weeks ago. It is super simple. The most time consuming part is getting the bolts out from behind the impeller. It's easy to do, just takes a few extra minutes to move the auger and impeller out of the way to get at the bolts. Since you are already replacing the impeller, you will have access to the bolts. It is pretty obvious how it is to go when you see the replacement unit. You don't even need the rear bearing, the case is the bearing.
It is a nice improvement and so much quieter and smoother.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts