Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I sit here in the Northeast on a 90 degree plus day it's not easy to think about what's coming but I guess I will have to. I am having an issue with my 47" JD snow blower which is used on my 2305 tractor. It pushes snow in front of blower while some goes up the chute. It only takes a storm of 6" or more inches the more snow the slower I have to go to get the job done. Things that I have eliminated: The impeller in where it's supposed to be with the with the woodruff key in position. A few years back the impeller move forward until it hit the housing I moved it back to it's correct location Loctite on the screws and but a 1/4" split color in front of impeller, it hasn't moved since. I did replace the chain two years ago it needs to tighten but I don't believe it is slipping or jumping teeth. Both chain gears are in good condition and keys are in place. With PTO disengaged the auger can easily be turned by hand. I do run the PTO where recommended. The PTO seems ok, I have used it to rotor till and it seems to work find as it does cutting grass with the 52" deck. There is about 750 hours on the tractor I bought used from the original owner about 4 years ago no issues other than with the snow blower which started last winter. Any suggestions to what's going or what I should check would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
both the shear bolts on the front augers intact??

·
Administrator
17,266 Posts

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
7,911 Posts
As mentioned the shear bolts for the augers need to be intact. Otherwise there's nothing to feed the snow into the blower housing and discharge fan & chute. This situation will cause snow to build up in front of the blower. Should be an easy fix.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts