Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that winter is over (yea right), I was looking at the belt of a 47" JD snowblower attached to a X580 tractor. Since it is
a 2016, it has the new mounting system. Anyway, the top inside corner of the belt is wearing. I've attached a picture of the belt
which only has 5 hours on it. The top and bottom of the belt is fine along with the other 3 corners. Supposedly a lot
of the belt problems were fix by the new mounting system. I can't see why it is wearing like this. Also I adjusted the lift height from 5" to 4" to limit the amount of side flex on the belt. Has anyone ever seen anything like this ? I'm tempted to send it back
to the dealer since this is such a strange wear pattern. Thanks for any help or suggestions.

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I had the dealer take a look at it and he said this is a common problem with the 2016+ X5xx tractors/blowers. He has
tried adjusting the tension pulleys which didn't help. His take was the belt is rubbing on the main pulley on the snowblower and
there is no adjustment to change the alignment. Are there any 2016+ X5xx owners with snowblowers that are seeing
or not seeing this problem ? I'm wondering how wide spread it really is. Thanks

·
Registered
8,504 Posts
I had the dealer take a look at it and he said this is a common problem with the 2016+ X5xx tractors/blowers. He has
tried adjusting the tension pulleys which didn't help. His take was the belt is rubbing on the main pulley on the snowblower and
there is no adjustment to change the alignment. Are there any 2016+ X5xx owners with snowblowers that are seeing
or not seeing this problem ? I'm wondering how wide spread it really is. Thanks
Do you know what changed in the 2016+ x5xx tractor front mount to result in this problem?

Two of my neighbors have x5xx tractors with the 47" front snow blower but they are both prior to the 2016 model year.......

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They changed the entire lifting system. Before there was a rod that went from the blower to a tab on the tractor lift
mechanism. Now they attach a plate to the two rear lifting arms and have a see-saw arrangement to raise the blower.
Here is a link to the new arrangement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jW0suzTCVlw

I thought the new arrangement was suppose fix the belt problems, not create new ones.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I've experienced the same wear pattern on my belt. I was not aware of this until I took the blower off last year. I thought maybe it was b/c I had the PTO running while I had the blower up. It seems really stupid to have to disengage the blower ever time I need to lift up the blower (which is every pass on the driveway).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Same wear pattern here also but mine is a little worse. My nearly new 44" blower has only 6 hours on it. I called the dealer yesterday to see if this was covered under warranty and he said no and this was "normal" wear and tear. I figure I will go through a belt every season. Not happy with this blower to say the least. It's mounted on a 2019 X390.

·
Registered
60 Posts
We have the X590 with the 47" blower. In the second season of use the seals came out of the gear box. I took it in and it was repaired under warranty. I noticed the belt was worn so I replaced the belt before the start of this season. Kinda looked like the photos submitted. Now the blower quit while using it for the second time this year. The clutch must be shot is all I can figure. 120 hours on the machine. I gotta take a 25 year old Honda out to use while I get the new JD fixxed. I had a JD 726 walk behind blower for 25 years and just used it. It appears the new stuff can't be counted on to last as well. Good thing I have other options while this is repaired. Looks like the 4 year warranty is needed. I would really be pissed if I was using the 590 to do what the 726 did and it let me down. Is it true that Deere snowblowers are made in India? Oh yea my latest snowblower purchase has orange paint.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts