Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Been looking for snow blowers, mainly the walk be hind types since my shop is behind and down the hill from the house (that's where the Yanmar sleeps).

Ran across this on craigslist...looks like it will work with my x750

47 in john deere tractor snowblower - farm garden - by owner - sale

JD snowblower.JPG

I've got no idea if this is a good price or not...

Thanks, Daubs

·
Premium Member
10,928 Posts
It looks is fairly good condition and it seems like a decent price. The blower itself is compatible. You may need a different PTO shaft and some of the quick hitch brackets.

You can go on JD Parts and look at the components that are required for the 2320 and then compare them to what is listed for the X750. Chances are you won't need much.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quick check of JD Parts shows following:

- Quick hitch for a 2320 is LBV24898.
- Quick hitch for a x7xx is BM19782.

I'll call my local JD dealer and see what other parts needed. Might drive and have a look as well.

Appreciate the heads up!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Talked to my local JD Dealer...this set up won't work. I will need an additional $1400 worth of parts to make it fit my x750.

I'll keep shopping...

·
Premium Member
10,928 Posts
Talked to my local JD Dealer...this set up won't work. I will need an additional $1400 worth of parts to make it fit my x750.

I'll keep shopping...
It doesn't sound like your dealer was doing you any favors price-wise. Did he say which part numbers you would need? A front PTO kit and front quick hitch is $1119 according to the Build Your Own site. A new 47" snow blower will run you over $3300 and of course there is tax on top of that.

You could save even more by getting the kits you need from Green Farm Parts (using GTT 7% discount).

Plus... you could probably sell the PTO kit and Quick Hitch than comes with the used blower and recoop some bucks. :)

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dealer has a long time customer looking to unload his 47 in snowblower complete with quick hitch, front PTO, UpStop, all the goodies.

Said this guy treats his stuff well. He's going in to assisted care and family looking to unload it.

Came off his x7xx tractor.

Asking $2,250. I offered $2,000 cash. I think it's going to be a done deal.

·
Premium Member
10,928 Posts
dealer has a long time customer looking to unload his 47 in snowblower complete with quick hitch, front pto, upstop, all the goodies.

Said this guy treats his stuff well. He's going in to assisted care and family looking to unload it.

Came off his x7xx tractor.

Asking $2,250. I offered $2,000 cash. I think it's going to be a done deal.
sweet!!!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Pick up the snowblower today!

Surprised to find that it's a 54-inch, not a 47 in. And the quick hitch has the side-to-side hydraulic, used to angle the blade.

Score!!!!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
17,263 Posts
You sir, got an AMAZING deal! :good2:

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
That snowblower looks like it was barely used, I have the same blower on my 1025, works great.

Do you have weights / snow chains for snow blowing work?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That snowblower looks like it was barely used, I have the same blower on my 1025, works great.

Do you have weights / snow chains for snow blowing work?
That's my next purchase. What do you recommend for my x750? I'm thinking chains as opposed to terragrip.

·
Premium Member
4,040 Posts
That's my next purchase. What do you recommend for my x750? I'm thinking chains as opposed to terragrip.

Chains are nice but a heated cab would be more of what you need! :thumbup1gif: We can help you spend money on GTT.. but remember, we are only thinking of your comfort and well being... By the way, good score. you may also want to think about a linear actuator for the spout control,,, a much needed addition to the blower, for cheap money. There's a few threads on this on how to do it and where to buy the parts. Nothing like a face full of snow because the wind changed direction on ya. JT

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I spend a lot of time outdoors and hunting. I have lots and lots of Gore-Tex / Thinsulate / goose down clothing. While a heated would be nice, I’d rather spend the $$$ on chains, weights, etc.

Suitcase weights? Vs. wheel weights? Or both? How much total weight will I need?

The x750 will live in my shop out back of the house, and I will need to drive through yard and up small hill to reach driveway. I think chains will be a better option. Had chains on my 445 back in the day (never got a blade...didn’t own it long enough), they did well in the snow.

·
Premium Member
10,928 Posts
I spend a lot of time outdoors and hunting. I have lots and lots of Gore-Tex / Thinsulate / goose down clothing. While a heated would be nice, I’d rather spend the $$$ on chains, weights, etc.
Everyone with an open station says that until they are out there trying to blow snow in single digit temperatures with the wind changing direction faster than you can adjust your chute and before you know it you can't feel your face.
:laugh:

·
Registered
8,764 Posts
Everyone with an open station says that until they are out there trying to blow snow in single digit temperatures with the wind changing direction faster than you can adjust your chute and before you know it you can't feel your face.
:laugh:
I’ll still say that. I’ve had a cab twice and I think the doors were closed a total of 2 minutes. I couldn’t stand the noise or lack of visibility.

If people complain about 0 and wind they are not as properly dressed as they claim.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Nice score on the bigger blower and angling hitch!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,291 Posts

Based on what you said you’ll be doing with it, I’d go with snow chains and as much weight as you can get on the rear end, wheel weights / suitcase weights or both. On my 316, I have 200 lbs of wheel weights on the back, and I strap another 50lbs onto the 3 pt hitch, and it’s still not quite enough! It gets the job done but the back end is still a little light, and that includes me (240lbs) in the seat.

Chains really shine on frozen ground and ice, they will bite like no rubber tire will.

Always get the chains that have the rungs of chain every 2 links (instead of every 4).

:bigthumb:

·
Registered
32 Posts

Suitcase weights? Vs. wheel weights? Or both? How much total weight will I need?

The x750 will live in my shop out back of the house, and I will need to drive through yard and up small hill to reach driveway. I think chains will be a better option. Had chains on my 445 back in the day (never got a blade...didn’t own it long enough), they did well in the snow.

I have Terra Grips and wheel weights and it's not enough. I will be buying the click-n-go brackets along with 6 suitcase weights before the snow flies.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Question on the quick hitch: This unit came with the hydraulic angling kit, which I won't need for the snowblower.

Is there a piece that I can use to replace the angling kit, that will keep my quick hitch straight? I've been looking on-line with no luck.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts