Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Doing some work in barn, noticed puddle of oil in front of snowblower, seems when I wrapped the dogs run line around the shaft between the fan and the gear case I pushed in the seal, thus causing a leak….:banghead: as if cutting the rope off (and there was a lot) in 10 degree temps was not enough, now I need to change the seal….I am fair with wenches, and am asking for guidance as how one should proceed with a seal swap out…am assuming a major disassemble job to even get to it? Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Does anyone know the part # for that seal, I tried to look it up but got no where. Thanks

·
Registered
947 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
947 Posts
Does anyone know the part # for that seal, I tried to look it up but got no where. Thanks
If it is listed in the diagram, I can assist (but getting in the car so it wont be right away) if you can tell me the # associated with the part.

If not and maybe this has been where you are looking but here is a link by Kenny for using JD Parts online. I apologize if this is where you might be doing your searching.

http://www.greentractortalk.com/forums/forum-help-suggestions/11382-john-deere-parts-online.html

·
Premium Member
12,747 Posts
How ironic. I got some rope wrapped around the exact same spot on my 54" blower during the last snow. It didn't seem to hurt anything but I better re-check mine for some leaks.

Here is some more info from the JD parts page. It looks like part #12 is what you want.

Gear.jpg

Parts.jpg

·
Premium Member
14,899 Posts
I feel the pain, getting the chain from around the shaft. Several years ago I took the neighbors LED Christmas lights off his garage and down the one side of his garage before getting the pto off. Thankful it didn't hurt anything on blower just one set of lights

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks all for help, let the great disassembly begin questions may follow!!

·
Premium Member
9,744 Posts
Thanks all for help, let the great disassembly begin questions may follow!!
It's not that bad... I had to replace some bearings in mine (don't ask....:nunu:) and it was pretty straight forward.

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, took it all apart, and put in the new seal. it went back together w/ no extra parts on the floor. filled w/ oil and ready to go….and as a bonus it turns in the right direction!!! I will put it thru its paces tomorrow as we are expecting 6-8 inches of snow tonight. will update if anything goes wrong…..:laugh:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts