Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

So, if my photos and question make me look stupid, feel free to laugh but I would rather ask a stupid question than tear up my PTO.

I am new to my 2210 and this is the first time using the snowblower. I attached everything as best I could without instructions but the connection to the front hitch transfer piece just doesn't look right. As you see in the photos, it looks to me like the shaft for the quick hitch transfer piece is on the wrong side. Both the long shaft from the PTO and the short shaft off the blower both meet the hitch at a pretty sharp angle instead of being inline. Do I have the wrong quick hitch part? Did I install it upside down? Or do these pictures show a correct install for a 2210? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I'm as good with web forums as I am with the tractor so if the images didn't post, please let me know.

Thank you!

·
Super Moderator
8,202 Posts
Hopefully, someone who has or had a 2210 with the front snowblower will chime in to assist.

I had a 2305, successor to your 2210 with the late style 2000 RPM PTO and short, front implement driveshaft. Both of the shafts were equipped with CV / constant velocity joints due to extreme angles ahead of and behind the quick hitch.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
it looks like the front quick hitch bearings should be offset to the left instead of to the right...can that section be flipped around?

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Looks like the section that goes on first might be upside down....the shaft line up is wrong, should be in a straight line

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks like the section that goes on first might be upside down....the shaft line up is wrong, should be in a straight line
That was my thought exactly?!? I've tried to find manuals for installing the quick hitch and I've tried googling every picture I can to compare but no luck. I don't know how I can install the bearing section differently. It almost seems like it is the wrong part.

If anyone with a 2210 and a 47" snow blower has pictures of their install, I would greatly appreciate it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it looks like the front quick hitch bearings should be offset to the left instead of to the right...can that section be flipped around?
I agree completely. Unfortunately, I cannot figure out a way to mount that section differently.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
How hard is it to just disconnect the hydraulic lines, short shaft, and drop the blower off so that we can just look at the bearing carrier?

Also, another old trick I've relied on many times when putting things together, look for wear / scrape marks on the components, see if they line up and make sense with the other parts they are attached to. For example, those spring loaded latch pins will leave scrape marks on the other bracket. Sometimes with a little detective work you can figure out how something went together

·
Registered
675 Posts
I have a 2305 and when looking at my setup your PTO shaft is on the wrong side. This is a picture of my setup.

Doug

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have a 2305 and when looking at my setup your PTO shaft is on the wrong side. This is a picture of my setup.

Doug
Doug,

That is exactly how I thought it should look. Thank you for the picture. Tomorrow, I will try to maneuver the center piece to mirror your install.

Thanks to all of you for the input!

Ryan

·
Registered
45 Posts
You can get a rough idea from the JD parts catalog.

Search: 2210
Expand: 9254 -> Implement -> 1926 -> Sectional -> 61 -> 155

·
Super Moderator
8,202 Posts
Here is a short video of a uninstall of a 2210 snowblower. Maybe it might help, hard to see as times with the movement.

https://youtu.be/0_4BTaBx7Jc
Well, it appears that the driveshaft is located towards the left (Driver's side) of the 2210 in this blurry, shaky video. Don't follow this guy's instructions because his removal method defeated the purpose of having a quick hitch. He didn't disconnect the QH from the SB. He disassembled the front of his QH to accomplish the removal........:banghead:

·
Corndog Hater
11,794 Posts
Well, it appears that the driveshaft is located towards the left (Driver's side) of the 2210 in this blurry, shaky video. Don't follow this guy's instructions because his removal method defeated the purpose of having a quick hitch. He didn't disconnect the QH from the SB. He disassembled the front of his QH to accomplish the removal........:banghead:
Exactly, I read this thread last night and did a little Googling because I was also curious just my own knowledge. That video was about the closest I could come to finding anything to help, but chose not to post a link to it for the reasons you mentioned.:thumbup1gif:

Keep us posted MHT54:good2:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Exactly, I read this thread last night and did a little Googling because I was also curious just my own knowledge. That video was about the closest I could come to finding anything to help, but chose not to post a link to it for the reasons you mentioned.1gif:

Keep us posted MHT54:good2:
Didn't say it was a john deere certified video. Was simply trying to let him have a look at the setup of his for orientation for his 2210 in question hookup.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
8,202 Posts
Didn't say it was a john deere certified video. Was simply trying to let him have a look at the setup of his for orientation for his 2210 in question hookup.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Yup. It's all good! :good2:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts