Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New here with a 4710 factory rear diverter question: The TM described the switch as having off, on and set positions. What is the operational difference between “on” and “set” positions? I am planning to tap the wiring to put a momentary switch on the joystick to operate a grapple.

I have enjoyed browsing this site from Google searches in the past. I couldn’t find my answer that way this time so I have gone live.

Thanks,

Ron

·
Administrator
18,787 Posts
Sorry I missed your question,
The "diverter" kit switches the two joystick functions (SCV #1 and #2) from the mid-connections to the rear creating your 4th and 5th SCV's. So, as I see it, there is no way to to have continuous flow unless you tie or otherwise hold the joystick over, up, or down.

Are you sure the kit your describing and asking about is the diverter or 4th 5th option?

Reactions: rwoods

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry I missed your question,
The "diverter" kit switches the two joystick functions (SCV #1 and #2) from the mid-connections to the rear creating your 4th and 5th SCV's. So, as I see it, there is no way to to have continuous flow unless you tie or otherwise hold the joystick over, up, or down.

Are you sure the kit your describing and asking about is the diverter or 4th 5th option?
I just now saw your post, thanks. You are correct. I took their word for it but from studying the valve there is nothing that works independently of the joystick. I had concluded the same thing earlier this evening and verified it by running the tractor though it is still disassembled and on blocks. Your post was reassuring. Also means I still don’t have an answer. The TM shows off as a rocked back position, on as a straight across position and set as a rocked forward position. The switch mechanically has these three positions. In the set position the joystick works the rear remotes. I could tell no functional difference between off and on positions - in other words the front remotes work in either of these two positions. I will try and test the switch for conductivity tomorrow. Hopefully someone here has the optional diverter valve and knows the reason for having an on and a set position.

Ron

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I checked the switch for continuity tonight and believe I have this figured out. Straight across and a rearward indent are the same - the switch is off. Forward indent switch is on. Forward indent with a downward push is set; release the pressure and switch springs back to on. Thus it seems on powers a “latch” and set powers the opening of the valve. The continuous flow is just a joy stick position unless mine just sticks.

Ron

1 - 5 of 5 Posts