Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone , my name is Chris. I have a question. I own a snow removel service that uses the 855/955 series tractors for my business. We put blowers on the front and blades on the rear so we blow and blade at the same time. For small and medium driveways that are tight and snow can't be left on the street or on neighbors property's they can't be beat for speed and cost. I want a 4720 bad. Problem is I can't get a front mount blower(72") with a MID mount pto drive so I can then hang a blade on back. The rear PTO drive with a shaft going foreward doesn't work for our application. I can brake out the Plasma cutter and welder for mounting brackets but I want to pick your brain(s). Thank you, Chris.

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
I have a 4520 and I use an 84" snow push on mine to tackle my driveway and barn entrance. Deere does not make a blower for the front? Seems odd!

What about a 3720? I know they have a front blower for that, and it would have a smaller width for driveways and give you a cab option. I used my 84" snow push on my 3720 for a while and it worked ok. I had to use the brakes to turn tight in many cases. The 4720 is a heavier unit, don't get me wrong, but it might work.

·
Administrator
22,689 Posts
Welcome to DT!

Yeah, like Brian suggested take a look at the 3720's if you really need a front blower driven from a mid-PTO. All the other options are crazy expensive in comparison.

Reactions: Pioneer277

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here's the deal, JD uses that 59 series blower for the 3000 series tractors and they can put it on a 4000 series as well and having 25 years experiance on that blower that is not the best idea. It is too light weight for my 955 to start with let alone anything bigger. Ever hear of anyone taking an Erskine or Lorenz and running them off the mid PTO and making your own bracket and hydraulic lift package? Do center and rear PTO's turn the same RPM? I do love the engineering challenge. My family and my business has been GREEN from the very beginning, buying 100,000$+ in New Holland boomer 50's doesn't sit well with my father or myself.

·
Administrator
22,689 Posts
Yes, I know of the Erskine and Lorenz that are driven from the rear 540 RPM PTO. The mid-PTO's turn at 2100 RPM however.

·
Registered
280 Posts
what about a front loader mounted blade on the 4720, that is what i have

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.