Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I made my own 4720 3rd function kit with the summit hyd. Valve. Works fine but with one issue! When I engage the electric operated scv my engine bogs down?Grapple operates just fine in both directions just have a drag on the engine. I ran 3/8" hoses from solenoid scv to front of tractor. I plumbed into pb circuit of my loader scv. Tractor Pump flows 12gpm, grapple I would assume doesn't need much flow 4--5gpm maby. Anyone else that has true 3rd funct kit tractor bog down when engaged? It almost seems like the pressure relief is opening when I operate it. Solenoid Valve factory relief setting is 2610 psi dunno the tractor setting....tractor data says operating psi is 2500?? Is this common with my set up? Steel line in the pic is the line I had to remove to plumb in valve. It comes from pb from loader scv to rockshaft (3point)
20190404_062542.jpg 20190404_062648.jpg 20190404_062704.jpg 20190404_062812.jpg

·
Administrator
17,067 Posts
Welcome to GTT,
Your dumping a full 12 GPM into two small cylinders, I would expect it to bog down a bit, and the cylinders to move FAST.

Can you link to what valve you used?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Off topic but Im trying to change my user name from email to something else...errrrr cant figure it out

·
Administrator
17,067 Posts
Remember when using a valve like that, it's ON or OFF. When activated you are directing 100% of the flow to the new circuit.

Are you positive you have it hooked up in the correct direction?

·
Administrator
17,067 Posts
Off topic but Im trying to change my user name from email to something else...errrrr cant figure it out

You can't...but I can do it for you. Please send me the info in a Private Message.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, loader valve pb to "P" on solenoid valve. "T" from solenoid valve back to rockshaft which completes my open center circuit. Everything operates as it should 3point, grapple. But when I engage EL scv it bogs down a bit...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm getting a new valve tomorrow as the one I recieved was either faulty or has the wrong spool in it. One work port looses pressure. I can still operate grapple tho. I guess my thought is when i operate my loader scv it doesn't bog down at all unless I get to relief pressure..I'm thinking why is grapp. Bogging down. 12gpm thru 3/8" hose to small cylinders with fair amount of pressure Im assuming. Im going to plumb in pressure gauge if it keeps it up and see qhats going on I dont want to stress my pump more than I should.

·
Administrator
17,067 Posts
Your loader valve is proportional, this is not.

·
Administrator
17,067 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Alrighty, new valve solved the issue of grapple drifting closed. I "T" ed in a pressure gauge and when grapple in operating it rises to 22-2300 psi. Solenoid valve relief was sopose to be set at 2610psi? New gauge so dunno if its the gauge or relief. Im guessing relief. Next test was I tested the pressure at my grapple connectors on the front. Hooked them both together with a T and at 1500rpms its about 150psi. My conclusion was that hose size is adequate and that grapple is the cause of the increased pressure. Cylinders are are pretty small! Any hydraulic gurus know anyway to solve this while maintaining high grip strenth on the grapple. Thanks!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I could but I would lose the convenience of one hand operation. I use it brush removal so would be tid bit of a pain.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts