Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched everywhere for info regarding rebuilding the SCV control lever linkage on an open station 4720 and can find nothing helpful. My 2013 4720 (open station) loader 'joystick' has reached the point where it is very difficult to operate with accuracy and consistency. Getting the bucket to operate is now nothing but hit and miss. Has anybody rebuilt the linkage? From what I can determine, there is no relatively simple access to the linkage. It sounds like removing the seat, seat support, seat closeout assembly, fender, etc. is necessary. Does anyone know a reasonable shortcut way to access the mechanical linkage? Thanks for any advice available.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
If it’s anything like my FIL’s 4610-his snapped linkage resulted in a trip to the dealer and over $1K to fix, it was a very involved and complex fix.

Reactions: johncanfield

·
Administrator
18,768 Posts
Here is a screenshot from JDParts, it shows the linkages involved.

Attachments

Reactions: johncanfield

·
Registered
421 Posts
It sounds like removing the seat, seat support, seat closeout assembly, fender, etc. is necessary. Does anyone know a reasonable shortcut way to access the mechanical linkage? Thanks for any advice available.
On my 3320 I've removed all of the above components to access the scv (3rd function install) and found it was fairly easy but it does take a bit of time. I would think the 4 series is probably similar. If I remember right the 3rd function install instructions were pretty good at detailing what needed to come off and in what order, I would assume a shop manual would have the same.

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Not that it matters ..but maybe.

955 is similar...The "handle" is the disposeable part.
I'm on my 3rd
Next the pivot bolt for handle.

Then the linkage parts which could be 10 & 17 on yours. ( not sure but it looks like those are the 2 functions)

Mine are different shaped but same concept. Mine have mini heim joints and are much shorter.

Look over the handle and area pivot bolt goes through...may gain a bunch there with just the 2 parts.
I've had one pivot bolt snap off.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks fellas for the responses. I think I'll 'only' have to remove the seat, seat support, all the lever knobs and the seat closeout assembly. Then I should be able to get a close look at the linkage. Here's hoping it will only be a nut fell off and left something waving in the wind!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts