Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to make this hour and a half last FOR-EV-OOOOOOOOR.................

How long over 50hours has everyone/anyone went?

Sory about upside Down.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,228 Posts

Sory about upside Down.

Well you're not over 50 hours yet.

·
Premium Member
10,395 Posts
I've seen posts where folks have gone to 70+ hours. I've also seen folks not do the 50 hrs maintenance at all.

It is highly recommended that you perform the 50 hr service but your tractor will not self destruct at 50.1 hrs if you don't do it. :)

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh yeah. I ain't letting it go. Can't promise it will be done at 50 on the dot but I've read to many threads. I see the crap that needs to be cleaned out after the first fitty hours. And I paid 20 g's. It needs to last me.
I'll probably go ahead and do the oil while I'm at it. I already bought it all last Saturday. I just have to find time

·
Registered
770 Posts
You are going to do it sooner or later, so sooner is better. It's helpful to stay on schedule, and document your service for any future warranty work IMHO.

·
Registered
20,782 Posts

Sory about upside Down.
Went for what?

Other folks have mentioned the 50 hour service so I will go with that.

It's not going to blow up if you do it at 48.5 hours, 55 hours, or 70 hours. The 50 hour mark is a suggested interval. Don't sit there and watch the hour meter, and when it clicks over to 50 shut it down.

·
Registered
925 Posts
I did mine at ~75 hours. It is still alive and kicking, although I have only put 25 hours on it since.

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,183 Posts

Sory about upside Down.
I don't know what the problem is. Looks like 5'8h to me. You have a long ways to go. :laugh: If you don't do it till you get 70 hours on it you'll be fine. The 50 hour mark is an easy schedule to keep you can remember. The next one is at the 200 hour mark no matter when you do it. Somewhere around the 50 hour mark will keep your mind at ease.

·
Registered
913 Posts
I finally did my 50 hour hydraulic fluid and filter change at 100 hours.

I now have 210 hours, with 45 of them the past 4 days moving and spreading dirt. Man, my rear end still feels like I'm still on the tractor seat:greentractorride:, and now it's already time to mow again.:gaah:

Did I win the procrastination prize for delay of the 50 hour service?:question:

·
Registered
3,228 Posts

Sory about upside Down.

Did you change that oil yet? lol

I'm starting to loose sleep over this. lol

·
Registered
11,482 Posts
I've seen posts where folks have gone to 70+ hours. I've also seen folks not do the 50 hrs maintenance at all.

It is highly recommended that you perform the 50 hr service but your tractor will not self destruct at 50.1 hrs if you don't do it. :)
:bash: first thing i thought of after and while reading this post--:knownothing:how long a fella has gone without sleep:mocking:

hey-being a trucker kind of guy-:trucker: it never entered my mind u meant ur tractor:greentractorride::mocking: tilll i got to the second sentence-duh:lolol:

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Just this morning I performed my 50 hour service at 90 hours.
Fluid had a very slight cloudy look when draining, but still fairly clear. Suction screen was one of the cleaner ones I have seen judging by the pics others have shared here. I did fish out a 4 inch piece of sealer and had some paint chips in the pan.
I went ahead and changed the engine oil and it wasn't as dirty as I expected either.
Didn't jack it up or remove the tire and had to work around the backhoe subframe. Worst part for sure was the darn hose clamps. All I had to work with was channel locks.
Filters were easy to remove.
I'm going to do the fuel filters and front axle fluid later in the fall. Too darn much chores piling up right now.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
I did my first service at 85 hours, the engine oil and hydro fluid both looked like they could have easily gone twice as long. Almost no shavings on my hydro screen (because I'm very careful shifting ranges or using the diff lock) ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts