Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! Getting this mower put together and I’m having an issue with the clutch pulley hitting the drive pulley. I’m assuming in need a spacer maybe between the two? Please see the attached pictures. I have looked online but I’m not seeing anything. What am I missing?

·
Chief Stick-picker-upper
19,533 Posts
Welcome to GTT.

The parts diagram doesn't show a spacer, but the clutch in you photo itself doesn't look to be correct.

The "Dowel" on the clutch retaining plate may be contacting the under side of the frame and causing it to be misaligned.. Notice the Half Moon contact area on the clutch retaining plate.

·
Chief Stick-picker-upper
19,533 Posts
Dowel.

If by chance this is the clutch that originally came with this mower, the Dowel may have been placed in the wrong location, causing it to be cocked to one side. :unsure:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you all for the information and reply’s. I really do appreciate it.
Little history with the mower. I am supposedly the second owner of the machine when I bought it approximately 20 years ago. Never had an issue out of it until I parked it and it sat in my shed for over 10 years. After I cleaned it up and changed the fluids etc. it fired right up. The only issue I had was the pto wouldn’t engage. I tested the switch and it was fine. I just happened to look under the mower and the clutch was setting on the ground with the bolt still in the machine. I couldn’t find the cup washer at all. Had to buy that one. This original clutch on the machine to me is Warner
5125-21 (no protruding dowel and it seems raised on the other side compared to 5125-27 (see 2nd to last pic)). The center is also “chewed out or “ate out”. What the heck happened? I also thought I saw that these were replacements being the -21 and -27 but I’m not finding that now. I also didn’t think that dowel was hitting when I put -27 on it. Maybe it is just enough to cock it. The mower also drags hard when trying to start with the pulleys hitting and it also wants to back out the long bolt with the cup washer. Take the clutch off and it spins the motor super fast and starts right up. I have it on jack stands with a jack but I don’t have much room under it.
This entire experience confuses me on just how this happened. You can see on the last pic that that the original -21 underside isn’t flat across the bearing like -27. I originally thought maybe it had “moved” but I guess it’s made like that. But even then it also looks like it hit or rubbed in a spot as well. What the heck happened? Ha!

Attachments

·
Chief Stick-picker-upper
19,533 Posts
Wonder what number that clutch is?
Hard to tell, but looks like a 5215-88
According to JD parts, the original part number for your mower is AM116233. The new(substituted) part number should be A-B1XT0409.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.