Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
TPH Limits

Hello Ralph, A friend had a Massey Furguson 35 we used around our properties for a number of years. He bought an oversized rear rototiller to put in gardens and corn stands to save time. A short time later, while rototilling, the transmission case broke in half right under his feet. That was the end of his tractor (it cost to much to fix it Vs. it's value). The owner's manual and dealer, best know the design limits of their products. I've found it's always best to stay within those limits. Bigger is not always better. Also, there might be a Warranty issue if something breaks(?). Anyway, that's my experience on the question :)

·
Registered
129 Posts
Jump In Prices

I talked to a trailer manufacturer friend yesterday about buying a new trailer. He said he was just informed that steel was about to take abig jump in price, and for me not to tarry.I expect tillers to do the same shortly.might want to find that coffee can
Pretty quick.
To add to that....I just sold my Canadian Snow Bear trailer for just $46 less than what I paid for it nine years ago. The local trailer dealer, where I'm shopping for a bigger trailer, said I need to buy before the first of the month when their prices are going up. The higher diesel prices are adding $200 to their shipping costs out of Texas to Washington State. You can bet this is going to ripple through the rest of our economy :(

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.