Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2014 John Deere 485 backhoe for sale. In great condition, not used much. The backhoe pry has about 30 to 40 hours on it. Works great, pin are tight, some scratches on the paint as expected. Bought a deere 4320 back in 2016 and the backhoe came with the machine. We bought a mini excavator and no longer need this attachment. Looking at deere website it looks to fit any 3xxx or 4xxx series tractors. This model is still being made (if you can get one right now). This connects by power beyond connections it does not run off pto. This is for the backhoe attachment only. $8000.00

Green bay wi

Attachments

·
Administrator
22,444 Posts
Do you have a price? That always helps the sale. (y)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yes I was going to leave the plates on my tractor. Looks like it would be a pain to remove. Would have to order ones that fit your model from the dealer.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
yes I was going to leave the plates on my tractor. Looks like it would be a pain to remove. ...
Yea, I hear you. Getting the tractor side attachment plates off my 4500 would be a fender and wheel remove/replace on both sides to get at some of the bolts. My rear are filled and very heavy. Not going near that. :)

Depending on age of target tractor, one might also change out the drawbar assembly. I had to do that for my 4500. Older style drawbar assembly. Late 4510 and all 4520 had the newer drawbar assembly and the attachment plates have been redesigned 3 times and now match the newer drawbar assembly. Was a bear to find the details, got lost from the notes during some redesign. At least there was a hint. :)

·
Administrator
22,957 Posts
The power beyond, plates and hardware is a significant amount of money for the purchaser, so your price may be a bit high, but I don't know what the market is like now.

Reactions: arlen and flyweight

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Talked with my dealer about it, new 485 sells for $11,000 then customers have to buy the power beyond for a couple hundred. Then the mounting plates and install will run you another $1,000, or you can do the install yourself.

He also told me deere is doing another price increase so those prices are before the increase. He had another customer that he sold one for about 2 months ago got $8500 for it for just the backhoe.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Wow did the price jump. Mine was around 10k with mounting plates, then they did the required drawbar change for dealer cost after the need for it was missed and discovered during install. Already had the power beyond installed.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I wanted to give a update. I got a quote from my dealer today on a new 485 and parts

Price was $12,569 for everything. That was not including install, that was an additional $1367

I would take the brackets off my 4320 if they will work, part number is LVB26148

You would still need a power beyond, for my tractor they gave me a quote of $489

I was also told if you have a power reverser transmission you need a oil cooler kit, around $350

I hope some of this information helps.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Good info, glad I bought mine when I did.

I went down that oil cooler kit dead end. At least for me with a 4500 with power reverser transmission, not required and it will not even fit.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
I was a dog with a bone about the oil cooler kit, I wanted it but once you dig deep down in the parts drawings, there was a change in the hookup to existing lines. Those lines are not present in mine.

I will say, when I was casting about for a 485, I would have given yours a serious look (road trip time). Did find a larger one but had doubts about getting it to fit.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts